Water Restoration Technician
MODERNISTIC LANSING LLC
$10.00 per hour
Responsibilities: Perform restoration services, comply with safety practices, job file documentation, monitor, communicate and respond to customer needs , communicate job-site details to Restoration and Operations Manager, other responsibilities as assigned.
• Valid drivers license, must be able to lift 50lbs, must be able to stand for long periods of time, excellent communication and organizational skills, MUST be available to work beyond standard operating hours (evenings, weekends, etc.) when needed, ability to be on-call for emergency services (on rotation), must pass criminal background check and drug screen.
• Bonus Points: IICRC Water Damage Restoration Technician Certification, Multiple IICRC Certifications , Chauffeur License.
• Excellent opportunity for advancement . Opportunity to earn pay increases based on exceptional performance rather than seniority.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at:
4310 Creyts Rd, Lansing or you may email your resume to email@example.com
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4677180
CAREER QUEST LEARNING CENTERS
$16.82 per hour
• Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include hands-on exercises.
• Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
• Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
• Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with school standards.
• Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
• Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
• Performs duties in the Media Center as assigned.
• Participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations.
All Instructors should possess:
• Minimum 5 years applicable experience with software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
• Associates degree required, Bachelors degree and Masters degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
• Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
• Evening hours may be required.
• Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
• Must be capable of teaching all courses in the program with a high level of knowledge, ability, organization and proficiency
• Teaching and/or presentation experience is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service, organizational and motivational skills
• Must be able available Monday - Friday.
• Medical Instructor must hold CMA or RMA certification. Associate’s degree in a medical or related field is preferred Previous successful teaching experience is preferred.
For Business Instructors:
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree. Previous successful teaching experience in business is preferred.
For IT Instructors:
• IT Instructor must hold a Associates degree or higher in IT or 4 years industry related field and A+ or Net+ Certification. . Previous successful teaching experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply through Career Builder, http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?Job_DID=JHL02H6RLDP65ZMCRB8&siteid=cb_emailjob_US&showN
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4464809
Lawn, Landscape and Tree Care Positions
INGHAM COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES
$18 per hour
Lawn Care Technician: Position involves application of fertilizer, weed control materials to commercial and residential lawns. Must have good driving skills and be customer friendly. Prefer applicant to possess current State of Michigan certification in turf and ornamental categories but will train suitable applicant.
Tree and Shrub Pesticide Technician: Position involves application of pesticides for the management of insects and disease pathogens of trees and shrubs. Must have good driving skills and be customer friendly. Prefer applicant to possess current State of Michigan certification in turf and ornamental categories, but will train suitable applicant. This position may cross train with tree and shrub pruning position.
Tree and Shrub Pruning Journeyman/Trainee- Involves all aspects of tree and shrub pruning, including learning rope and saddle climbing, operation of brush chippers and bucket trucks and ability to drive larger trucks. Must be able to obtain CDL. This position may cross train with Tree and Shrub Pesticide Technician position.
Landscape Crew- Primarily looking for crew members, but will consider crew leader potential for right applicant. This is an entry level position and could lead to opportunities in other areas of the company. Familiarity with planting and landscape operations helpful, but will train hard working individual. Must have good driving skills and be able to obtain chauffeurs license, and eventually, CDL.
Experience preferred but training of outstanding individual is acceptable. In some cases, we would consider cross training of these positions. Clean driving record with no current or recent DUI or MIP events. Must be drug-free and able to pass pre- employment drug screening. Must be able to obtain chauffeurs license. Some positions require ability to obtain CDL. These are all physically demanding positions and require ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Contact by phone at 517-321-3553
Contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4706598
Pearson is the most comprehensive provider of educational assessment products, services, and solutions. We are looking for qualified college graduates to read and score student essays on a temporary basis at our Lansing Scoring Center. Paid training will begin March 24, 2014 for this 4-6 week scoring session.
Use your degree to make a difference!
Compensation may vary based on the project.
• Hourly – $13.00/hour. Pay increases are awarded at various thresholds.
• Performance Pay By Response – Earn a set amount for each student response scored.
• Employees can earn on average $13.00/hour with the potential to earn more.
• Day Shift 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Current and former teachers encouraged to apply
• Will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Bilingual Spanish candidates encouraged to apply
Pearson is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. EOE/M/F/V/D. Pearson is a drug-free workplace.
Apply now at: www.pearsonscorers.com/lansing/
Or come to our Open House Saturday, March 1 from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM Pearson | Always Learning
904 Elmwood Rd. Lansing, MI 48917