Dining Room Attendant
BURCHAM HILLS RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
$8.00 per hour
• Serve meals to residents.
o Set up assigned Dining Room areas prior to meal service.
o Serve residents beverage and meal order, monitoring dietary need.
o Pour coffee, juices, water, etc.
o Take resident meal orders, assisting with meal selection as needed.
o Serve residents ordered meals.
o Assure residents are satisfied with meal served.
o Encourage residents to eat-offer substitutes within dietary restrictions.
• Performs daily assigned duties such as:
o Set up tables for the next meal.
o Bus and clean tables as assigned; return items to designated areas.
o Dispose of garbage as needed.
o Perform dish and utensil washing as needed.
o Sweep and mop floors as directed.
o Complete back work as assigned.
o Deliver/retrieve room trays as assigned.
o Prepare and set up supplies for the next meal.
• Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English to interpret and communicate the menu, resident requests, resident dietary needs as well as follow rules and safety.
• Ability to communicate with residents, staff and family members.
How to Apply:
Please apply online: http://www.burchamhills.com/our-team/current-openings
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4548442
LAP RESPITE CENTER
Pay starts at $8.50 per hour with an increase to $9.00 per hour at 45 days of employment.
LAP Respite Center is looking for experienced direct caregivers with a minimum of 6 months of experience with nursing home, in-home, or group home care, or equivalent care experience. However, training is availabe. Candidates with transportation are preferred. There is the possibility for immediate employment if you are willing and able to test out of our training modules. You can also give yourself an immediate pay rate increase by supplying all of our required paperwork.
Go to: www.laprespitecenter.org/getinvolved/jobopportunities and download application packet to review paperwork requirements.
Client is a 15 year old young man with typical teenage interests in video games, music, television, riding bike, and walks. Caregiver must be fully present and willing to participate in activities and must be able to physically transfer client who has minimal weight bearing ability.
Proof of high school graduation or GED is required. Experienced caregivers are encouraged to test out of training modules for a fast start.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter showing knowledge and experience to Cat@laprespiteCenter.org. When responding please reference this ID#1090.
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 5025365
OKEMOS HEALTH & REHABILITATION CENTER
$12.10 per hour
CNA needed for 2nd shift 2:30pm-10:30 pm.
• Perform resident/patient care activities & related services in caring for personal needs, safety and comfort of residents/patients.
• Assist in providing positive physical, social and psychological environment.
• Follow policies and procedures.
• All employees may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents.
• Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and/or assistance of other staff.
• Assist with resident/patient care needs and comforts including assists or give oral hygiene and mouth care; assists with bathing functions and dressing/undressing; assist with nail care, shaving, hair care; assists with lifting, turning, positioning and transporting residents; make beds; keep residents/patients dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.); assist resident/patient with bowel or bladder functions; check residents/patients frequently to assure that personal care needs are met; answer call lights promptly.
• Assist with nursing functions as follows: measure and record vital signs; weigh and measure residents/patients; collect specimens (i.e., urine, stool, sputum); prepares and give enemas; provide daily range of motion exercises; maintain accurate intake and output records.
• Perform food service functions including: prepare residents/patients for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, oral care, take to/from dining room, etc.); serve food trays; assist with feeding; record residents/patients food fluid intake; serve between meal and bedtime snacks; keep water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water; perform after meal care (i.e., clean residents/patients hands, face, clothing, brush teeth, take to bathroom, etc.); report changes in resident/patient eating habits especially those on diabetic diet; assist with keeping nursing and resident/patient care area neat, sanitary and orderly.
• Must have current CENA license.
• Attend and participate in in-service training, performance improvement committees and meetings. Treat all residents, visitors and staff with courtesy.
• Work overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
• Assist in orientation and training of employees. Perform physical activities, including standing, lifting bending, pushing, pulling, twisting.
• Follow facility rules.
• Demonstrate proper use of equipment and report equipment needs or repairs.
• Follow facility smoking policies.
• Report and document any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors.
• Perform duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plans. Use required protective equipment.
• Follow infection control standards, policies and procedures.
• Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
• Know Resident Rights.
• Help the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
• Reporting resident/patient complaints to the management.
• Maintain confidentiality of resident/patient information.
• Adhere to Extendicares policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy & security of protected health information.
• Use and/or disclose only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks.
• Report all suspected violation of companies HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://www.extendicareus.com/new_jobs.aspx
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 5153840