ENTREPRENEUR INSTITUTE OF MID-MICHIGAN
$10.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist the Executive Director with the day-to-day operations and functions of the organization.
• Answer a high volume of calls in a professional manner, and provide a wide range of responses in person or via the telephone to questions about services provided and gathering basic information from clients.
• Maintain files and enter information as required into automated filing systems.
• Type, prepare and mail a variety of correspondence using MS Word and other programs.
• Perform wide range of other office duties as assigned to include purchasing of office supplies as needed, preparing data necessary for financial purposes.
• Work independently, under tight deadlines and work without constant direct supervision is required.
• Type 30 wpm and possess knowledge of general office practices & procedures; general record keeping & filing systems. Composing & preparing routine letters & memos.
• Skill in the use of a personal computer with MS Office Suite.
• Properly maintain confidential information.
• Deal effectively with high volume of phone transactions, while maintaining professional demeanor.
• Answer a wide range of questions from clients, and various other callers regarding relevant business matters; communicate effectively both verbally & in writing. Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with co-workers and supervisor.
• Inside and outside environment.
• Attendance at events related to entrepreneurship.
• United States Veteran Status preferred, but not required
• Maintain valid Michigan driver’s license & have reliable transportation.
• High School Diploma and or Associates Degree.
• 2 years of Customer Service Experience.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4665717
MICHIGAN MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION (MMA)
$30,000 per year
The Membership Specialist is responsible for managing the Association's membership database including dues, bills, and collections. The Specialist must be a strong communicator and assist in the development and retention of members.
• Processes daily membership mail and cash posting, including the membership record book.
• Maintains and keeps accurate records of Association membership by eliminating possible duplicates, updating address changes, and coding deceased records.
• Works with staff to collect delinquent dues and non-dues revenue.
• Services member needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff person for assistance.
• Works with the Marketing and Special Projects Team to ensure effective communications with new, existing and prospective members.
• Assists in the implementation of special events and programs.
• Assists in the preparation of membership reports for review by the Membership Team.
• Works with leadership to ensure timely distribution of membership packets and information.
• Maintains strong working relationships with Association members and volunteers.
• Recommends cost saving measures as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
• This position requires knowledge normally acquired through an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in an Administrative or Accounting setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience working in an Association or Insurance Company along with Membership Database Management or Accounting System is preferred.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in Microsoft CRM preferred.
• Organized, detail oriented and able to set priorities.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How to Apply:
Please visit http://www.hiringsolutionsllc.com/openings/Membership_Specialist to apply for this position.
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4658922
Senior Research Specialist (Team Lead)
MICHIGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
$67,660.00 per year
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) is the state's marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, talent and jobs, tourism, film, and digital media incentives, arts and cultural grants, and overall economic growth. The MEDC offers a number of business assistance services and capital programs for business attraction and acceleration, entrepreneurship, strategic partnerships, talent enhancement, and urban and community development.
The MEDC is seeking a Senior Research Specialist to provide research expertise, analysis and interpretation of complex economic development issues as they relate to various industry sectors. Incumbent will research, analyze and interpret data relative to Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) policies and programs on the state, federal and international levels on which to base recommendations on creating policies and programs to support industry sectors, clusters and target industries. This position will also serve as team lead providing guidance and expertise on complex analysis and research requests. Compiles data and presents research results, statistics, trends, best practices and innovative solutions to cluster groups. Identify emerging opportunities. Assist in creating and conducting economic impact assessments of various sectors of the Michigan economy. Assist in structuring tools to evaluate the effectiveness of MEDC programs.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Business, Economics, Finance, Market Research or related fields.
This position requires a minimum of five to seven years related experience and/or training, in research data collection, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, research reporting, and project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your qualifications meet the listed requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
Michigan Talent Bank Job Order Number: 4665512