Egypt: Suspect in Libya Consulate Attack Killed

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

CAIRO (AP) -- An Egyptian security official says a local militant suspected of involvement in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya has been killed in clashes in Cairo.
The official says the man, known only by his first name, Hazem, recently returned from Libya.
The official, who spoke Wednesday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters, said an investigation into the man's possible involvement in the attack is under way.
This is the first time an Egyptian has been declared as a suspect in the attack on the Benghazi consulate last month, when the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed.
The official said the suspect attacked approaching Egyptian forces and was killed. He kept weapons in his hideout, the official said.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175693521