Amanda Knox Trial Moves Forward

After a two-month break and a Lifetime movie made about her case, Amanda Knox finally returned to appeals court on Saturday.
Six defense witnesses took the stand in the Italian courtroom.
The appeals court decided to allow forensic experts to re-examine evidence allegedly linking Knox to the murder of 21-year-old British student Meredith Kercher.
Knox's stepfather talked about Amanda's state of mind with the appeals process resuming, "She's happy that it's started again. it's difficult sitting in prison with nothing happening so when we have court, you know, it's good, it's one step closer to freedom."
Knox was sentenced to 26 years in 2009, the next hearing is set for March 26th.

• by Anonymous Location: British Columbia on Mar 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Oh please..."a couple went to Italy and their luggage and money was stolen" As if that never happened in America. All of this Italy bashing, yet Americans claim prejudice - and they are the only ones doing any verbal/written bashing of a country, from their legal system to their people to their sites....really pathetic. I am Canadian, I'm 100% certain Amanda Knox is guilty if not of the actual murder, then at least to being there when it happened and being a part of it. The more I hear Americans gripe about Italy and the "injustice", the more I dislike them. Perhaps you should work on freeing Casey Anthony too, as all of her evidence is also circumstantial...and she is American and good looking, she couldn't be a killer could she?
      by Human-ish on Mar 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM in reply to
      I've gone back and forth with Amanda's guilt. It seems to me it could be probable either way. That said, I'd like to note that I have seen many people bashing and bickering over other countries on the internet and not just in the Knox case. U.S. verses Canada, U.K verses India, Australia verses New Zealand....urgh. Right now you are just adding to the "griping". It's absurd to make assumptions about each other based upon generic stereotypes of our nationalities. Much like Soylent Green, we're just people.
  • by Paul Location: Traverse City on Mar 14, 2011 at 03:37 AM
    Good story. You might be interested to know that two of Amanda's biggest supporters in this country have Lansing/East Lansing roots. Mark Waterbury grew up in Lansing and got his PH.D. at MSU. He writes a blog called "Science Spheres" and is the author of a book on the Knox case: "The Monster of Perugia." Chris Halkides grew up in East Lansing and is a professor at UNC Wilmington. He writes the blog "The View from Wilmington." Chris also wrote extensively about the Duke lacrosse case and sees parallels. I am less important but I have a Ph.D. from MSU and lived in East Lansing for 35 years before moving to Traverse City. I have probably spent 1,000 hours on this case and believe that the conviction of Amanda Knox is one of the worst miscarriages of justice I am ever likely to see. I don't think there is a chance in the world that she murdered anyone. I would stake my life on it. Feel free to contact me if you would like.
  • by TonydelBalzo Location: Not Italy!! on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:31 AM
    Italy's slow motion "justice" is abusive to the imprisoned. If we conducted business like Italy does, our most visited site would be a run down sports arena too. Ninty days to test 4 protein particles. That's unreasonably slow. Boycott Italy. Its just not safe to visit.
  • by Sue Location: Jackson on Mar 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    I have been following this; and it appears there were a lot of things improperly done; starting with a corupt judge. I don't think it was right that a made for TV movie has aired prior to her fight in the courts systems in Italy. I certainly hope Amanda gets a fair shake this time; because I think she was railroaded before. I certainly would not entertain going to Italy for a trip after this whole fiasco.
  • by Destiny Brown Holt Location: brown_0994@yahoo.com on Mar 13, 2011 at 09:51 AM
    This is a new world. A couple went to Italy, their luggage and money was stolen. Then they were sent a bill for $800. THey found this out when they got their credit card bill. American's are now hated all over the world since 911. Our former president made International Relationships worst by invading a country and killing their leader because of a 'rumor' of WMD.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117894994 - wilx.com/a?a=117894994