BLACKMAN TWP. - Blackman Township Public Safety officials report that there was a fire Saturday afternoon at the Northwest Schools Alternative Education Building.
Firefighters contained the fire to a single classroom in the back of the building. There is smoke damage throughout the building.
The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunctioning pump attached to a large fish tank in the classroom that. The pump overheated.
No one was in the building at the time, and there were no injuries.
Damage to the building is estimated to be approximately $10,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.