Dining services closed until further notice, it's the sign that provoked some panic for students entering Shaw Hall Wednesday.
"I read on the door when I walked in that it was closed because of the stomach, something with the stomach," said MSU student David Shultz.
"I heard a lot of people were getting sick," said MSU student Brittany Parzuchowski.
Sick enough to send more than two dozen students to the hospital after they began feeling queasy.
"At this point we know there are roughly two dozen Michigan State students that have become ill with nausea vomiting and diarrhea," said Dr. Sean Sienko of the Ingham County Health Department.
"Most of them had an experience with Shaw Hall, so we closed the Shaw Hall dining facility temporarily," said Terry Denbow, an MSU spokesman.
The dorm houses nearly 1,000 students -- The Ingham County Health Department is leading the investigation, Sienko says the illness is behaving like a virus but they can't be sure just yet.
"It could be something wrong with the food, it could have been an illness associated with someone who was serving food, it could be something else all together, we have not received any reports of anyone fortunately being seriously ill," Sienko said.
Still the illness is enough to have students who eat and live in the dorm feeling uneasy.
"We had the outbreak of E. coli back in the fall and then we have this now," said Michael Lumpkin who lives in Shaw Hall.
"I can't afford being sick going to all these classes and stuff," Parzuchowski said.
Initially fresh produce was pulled from all residence halls for precaution, but it was later put back, students received an e-mail urging them to overload on hand washing and hygiene.
"Housing and food services is making disinfectant available to people who live on the floors," Denbow said.
"Wash their hands carefully, particularly before preparing food," Sienko said.
Students with symptoms are urged to call the Olin Health Center at (517) 353-5557.