A fudge shop in Charlevoix has issued a recall for some of its products because they might have been handled by workers who were sick.
Murdick's Famous Fudge asked customers Wednesday to return individually wrapped caramels, peanut brittle, cashew brittle and saltwater taffy purchased from its store at 230 Bridge Street in Charlevoix. The recall applies only to that location.
In a news release, Murdick's says the local health department investigated possible illnesses associated with caramels from the shop. It found that some of the employees had shown symptoms of a norovirus infection, which can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
The company says it's evaluating its production process with state and local officials.