Posted: 9:52 AM
- More than two-thirds of the nation's elementary and public schools are conducting drills to ensure that students, teachers and staff know how to react if there's an active shooter on campus.
Posted: 9:06 AM
- Officials are expected to begin the task of raising the wreckage of a vintage World War II plane that crashed into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey, killing the pilot.
- Stephen Dwyer withdrew from school his junior year to receive a life-saving bone marrow transplant for leukemia. He is 2 1/2 credits short of graduating and will finish in December.
- Dr. Henry Heimlich, the 96-year-old doctor who developed the Heimlich maneuver recently used the emergency technique for the first time himself to save a woman choking on food at his senior living center.
- President Obama is making history this morning, speaking in the city of Hiroshima, Japan. He is the first sitting U.S. President to visit the site, where in 1945, the U.S. dropped an atomic bomb.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110