Zimmerman Apologizes to Trayvon Martin's Parents

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

George Zimmerman says he would tell Trayvon Martin's parents: "I'm sorry," and says he's open to talking with them.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the teenager's death.
He made the statement Wednesday in an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity.
When asked to explain what he meant when he told a police dispatcher he was following Martin, the neighborhood watch volunteer said he was trying to keep an eye on Martin to tell police.
Zimmerman says after he got out of his car, Martin was next to him. Zimmerman says he looked down, then looked up and Martin punched him and broke his nose.
He says as the two were struggling, Martin said "you're going to die tonight." He says Martin also reached for the gun that Zimmerman always carries.

• by Anonymous on Jul 24, 2012 at 06:13 AM
    I am always surprised by differences of oppinions. How we can all see or hear the same thing, and yet our brains compute it differently. My personal oppinion like so many others is that if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and not confronted the kid, nothing would have happened. Add to this that he lied to the judge and then the God had a plan? God also had the 10 commandments one of which says Thou shall not kill. If Zimmerman is that religious, what was he doing with a gun?
  • by Non_Anon1 Location: Michigan on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    Instead of following the 911's dispatcher's advice/instruction to NOT pursue Martin, Zimmerman willingly chose to exit his vehicle and confront Martin. (I am going to assume that the actual confrontation was not one of polite civility.) Whether the kid attacked Zimmerman first or not does not really matter, Zimmerman chose to engage his target. How many of you would put up with some stranger just coming up to you and questioning why you were there, on a public sidewalk minding your own business; in perhaps an uncivil manner? I think this decision by Zimmerman shows his real motivation: he was looking for a fight. I do agree with one of the other posters that it will probably be near impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial due to the media saturation.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 06:25 AM
    I DON'T CAARE IF HE WAS IN TROUBLE EARILER IN LIFE OR NOT. HE IS NOW DEAD BECAUSE ZIMMERMAN CHOSES TO IGNORE WHAT THE DISPACTER SAID "WE DO NOT NEED YOU TO FOLLOW HIM" AND GOT OUT OF HIS CAR AND FOLLOWED HIM. IF HE HAD STAYED IN HIS CAR, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. I KIND OF AGREE WITH JENNY. UNINTENED CONSEQUENCES....
  • by Jenny Location: Jackson County on Jul 22, 2012 at 07:50 AM
    When all is said and done, the accusations and the HISTORIES of both Zimmerman, and Trayvon will become public knowledge. I find it an insult to any viewers intelligence that the media CHOSE to air younger day photos of Trayvon. I find it an insult to our society that that young man had been in legal trouble before, and that was withheld in the early stages of this tragedy. Why is it, that "we" as a nation continue to coddle young people when they are choosing to get themselves into trouble, repeatedly? Only two parties KNOW THE FACTS. One is dead. Allow Zimmerman his day in court, and a jury of his peers time to weigh the facts before a decision is reached regarding innocence or guilt. With so much speculation and an abundance of social input and opinions......how could anyone accused receive a fair trial? Zimmerman made a choice that night. As did Trayvon. Unintended consequences.......
  • by facts on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    Get your facts straight people... the 911best dispatched said "we don't need you to follow him"... in what world does that mean they told him NOT to... Zimmerman will not be found guilty... let the idiots riot!
      by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 06:27 AM in reply to facts
      Thank you for clearing the facts up. However Zimmerman got out of his car and followed the kid and the kid is dead. I disagree and think Zimmerman is most likely guilty, based on cedibility.
  • by Movie club on Jul 20, 2012 at 05:08 AM
    Several of the ladies I work with and I were talking about this earlier this a.m. and we have all seen the movie Chicago. Roxie has a place in the movie how she talks about how she and the guy both reached for the gun and we think Zimmerman is repeating something he saw in the movie. It is not what he said to the cops before, also there are other things which have changed, now he was only following to see where the boy went. God had a plan. If we had to be on a jury and vote if he was inocent bases on just what we know today, He is guilty. He is a liar and a terrible one at that.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2012 at 01:30 PM
    I agree with Gloria, this wasn't an applogy, it was him trying to say he isn't a racist and did nothing wrong in following the kid after the dispatcher told him not to, and it is not his fault that he killed a kid. Where is that an apology?
  • by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    If this jerk had not gotten out of his car followed the kid, and confronted him, the kid would be alive and we wouldn't be having this argument. Stand your ground my left foot. It was murder.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    I think after he lied to the judge that he has no credibility. I wouldn't believe anything he said, and I am also offended by him saying that killing the kid was part of Gods Plan. He needs to read the 10 commandments especially the one that says Thou shall not kill. Sorry, but I think he is pure unadulterated trash.
  • by mike Location: lansing on Jul 19, 2012 at 07:04 AM
    This guy is not guilty he was defending himself.I also carry, attack me get shot.Steve i agree with you.
      by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM in reply to mike
      Yeah, he was defending himself from the person that he chased down and attacked.
      by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2012 at 02:48 PM in reply to mike
      Well Mike then you can go join him in prison now and then it will save us time convicting you of the same thing. George is guilty and belongs in prison for the rest of his life.
      by Lurlene on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM in reply to mike
      Mike, please explain why he had to defend himself. Oh, that's right because he was following someone he didn't need to be/shouldn't have been and MAY HAVE BEEN accosted by. Try some real logic instead of damaged, moronic attempts at such.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 162977176 - wilx.com/a?a=162977176