Father Charged with Assaulting Man Who "Sexted" His Daughter

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

A father in California has been ordered to stand trial on assault and other charges for allegedly tying up a man and using a stun gun on him for sending a racy cell phone photo to his 17-year-old daughter.
A Riverside County judge ruled Thursday there was sufficient evidence to try 45-year-old William Atwood on charges of making criminal threats, false imprisonment, assault with a stun gun and assault with a deadly weapon.
Atwood has pleaded not guilty.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise reported that Justin Moore said at a preliminary hearing that Atwood lured him to his home in January.
Moore said Atwood fired a shotgun in the air, then told him to strip down to his boxer shorts, tied him up and shocked him with a stun gun.
Moore also testified Atwood threatened to bury him on an Indian reservation.

• by MikeHunt Location: Center on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    By any chance does anybody know if this guy is running for president, Governor, Senator?
  • by Sans on Oct 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    I have to agree with Jen, no one is above the law. Not even this Dad. However seems like the adult to sexted the child should have charges brought against him. Or is this a case of free speech. It is not OK in my book for an ADULT to sext anyone under 18. This is not another CONSENTING adult.
  • by dewittkj Location: holt on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:16 AM
    Who is going to protect your own daughter if you dont? There are way too many creeps out on the street these days, the father did that guy a favor by not killing him! He should be awarded for his efforts! If it wasnt his daughter it would have been someone elses. We complain about parents not being involved in their teens lives and when a parent protects his family from a ped he's the criminal.
  • by Anonymous Location: MI on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:13 AM
    Bet there's not a jury anywhere that will find this guy guilty. That's what father's DO - protect their little girls.
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Oct 15, 2010 at 06:53 AM
    W O W. So, from what I'm reading here, vigilante justice is supposed to replace legal law enforcement involvement from here on out. Why don't we just start stoning people in the town squares all around Michigan?? I know it seems like the popular thing to support this man in defending his daughter's honor, but we can't just have everyone running around doing the same thing or it will be nothing but utter chaos.
  • by Sandi on Oct 15, 2010 at 06:40 AM
    While the father broke the law and went a bit to far...I don't understand why the other guy wasn't locked up for sending sex messages to a minor. 17 I thought in Ca was still a minor. If not than the girl should have pressed charges. I do not think the father should get more than a warning and probation.
  • by Lin Location: MI on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:58 AM
    Yeehaw, more pedifiles need to be treated like this. If it were my daughter I'd do the same thing!!!
  • by Justice on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:10 AM
    Their are too many laws protecting sexual perverts. The man deserved what the father did to him.
  • by Mary Location: Leslie on Oct 15, 2010 at 04:08 AM
    I think this man did the right thing, he was protecting his daughter from some unsavery man. I hope they find him not guilty
  • by Cap'n Rita on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:25 PM
    Dirtbag should be glad the stun gun was ALL he got. I would have removed his nasty "sexting" thumbs. Press "send" now, you scuzzball.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105001754 - wilx.com/a?a=105001754