Lottery Winner Poisoned After Collecting Winnings

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

CHICAGO (AP) -- A Chicago medical examiner says a lottery winner was fatally poisoned with cyanide a day after he collected nearly $425,000.
Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina (SEE'-nuh) says a limited exam initially found Urooj (oo-ROOJ') Khan died of natural causes, but a relative asked for a deeper investigation.
A full toxicology test revealed Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide, and his death was re-classified as a homicide.
Khan died July 20, a day after collecting the lump sum option on a $1 million win. He bought the ticket at a 7-Eleven near his home in West Rogers Park, a neighborhood on Chicago's North Side.
Cina said Monday it's likely that Khan's body will be exhumed as part of the investigation into his death.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185913362 - wilx.com/a?a=185913362
Gray Television, Inc.