LOOMIS, Calif. (AP) -- A Northern California sheriff says a fourth person has died from eating a soup made with poisonous mushrooms earlier this month at senior care facility.
The Placer County Sheriff's Department said Tuesday that it had been notified by a mortuary of the death, but did not yet know the identity of the victim.
Three others at the Gold Age Villa in Loomis died from eating the mushrooms in what sheriff's investigators have previously characterized as an accident.
All of the victims were sickened on Nov. 8, including the caretaker who made it.
The other people who have died were identified as 86-year-old Barbara Lopes; 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz and 90-year-old Frank Warren Blodgett.