Fourth Person Dies in California of Mushroom Poisoning

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

LOOMIS, Calif. (AP) -- A Northern California sheriff says a fourth person has died from eating a soup made with poisonous mushrooms earlier this month at senior care facility.
The Placer County Sheriff's Department said Tuesday that it had been notified by a mortuary of the death, but did not yet know the identity of the victim.
Three others at the Gold Age Villa in Loomis died from eating the mushrooms in what sheriff's investigators have previously characterized as an accident.
All of the victims were sickened on Nov. 8, including the caretaker who made it.
The other people who have died were identified as 86-year-old Barbara Lopes; 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz and 90-year-old Frank Warren Blodgett.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 181073691 - wilx.com/a?a=181073691
Gray Television, Inc.