Defense: George Zimmerman Back in Police Custody

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) -- The defense team for George Zimmerman, the man charged in the killing of Trayvon Martin, says he is in police custody in Florida.

Zimmerman's legal team said in a tweet Sunday that he was in police custody, two days after a judge ordered him back to jail. Zimmerman's bail was revoked because the judge said he and his wife lied to the court about their finances so he could obtain a lower bond.

On Sunday afternoon, about 40 minutes before the 2:30 p.m. deadline to surrender, Zimmerman was listed as an inmate on the jail website. He was listed as being held without bail and having $500 in his jail account.

Prosecutors had said Zimmerman and his wife told the judge at a bond hearing in April that they had limited money, even though he had raised about $135,000 through a website.

• by Anonymous on Jun 8, 2012 at 03:29 AM
    this is another classic incident that shows everyone is a bit racist/biased. (it is basically they fear others treading on their turf.) Humans are very territorial and fear anyone who invades their domain.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    Rules by Wilx are keep it civil, stay on topic, and yet Wilx has allowed Tony and RT to rant and rave, and I want to know why? They said nothing about the story just their own beliefs. They bad mouthed other and it was allowed again I ask WHY???
  • by Courtney on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    You know the funny thing, this story has nothing to do with all these comments. This is about lying in court to cover up money. All these comments are simply perceptions of what people want to believe happened and their opinion of a "trial by media." No one will know what happened because both of them are not there to argue the case. He lied about the money and that is why he is back in jail.
      by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM in reply to Courtney
      Good Call, I am in total agreement.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    We have racists and conspiracy experts, and we have people who want to have the law take the proper steps. As far as I am concerned if the guy lied to the judge as to the money he had, then what else did he lie about? As I see it and it has been pointed out here on more than one blog, if the man had never gotten out of his car none of this would have happened. No matter what the guy is guilty for causing everything that happened once he got out of the car, especially when he had been told NOT TO FOLLOW OR CONFRONT THE KID!
  • by Jason Location: Jackson on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Just shaking my head at all of this.....On to the next story.
  • by tony Location: mason on Jun 6, 2012 at 01:28 PM
    Leann I wanted to be called the racist pig that's not fair where is al sharpton when I need him lol
  • by tony Location: mason on Jun 6, 2012 at 01:25 PM
    Troll? Really that's the best u can do lol that's awesome lol good one leann
  • by RT Location: Lansing on Jun 6, 2012 at 06:20 AM
    To all of the folks who have taken issue with my comments, I thank you for your time. It's rewarding to me to know I was able to motivate you all to assess your positions and take the time to write them here in this forum. You people can call names all you want if that makes you feel better but the facts all remain the same. Mr. Zimmerman was the one who was physically attacked on the way back to his vehicle. The true dirty secret is that until Sharpton,Jackson,the black panthers, and certain black members of Congress (the lady with the pink cowboy hat was especially entertaining) got involved this wasn't a racial issue. The second dirty secret is that if the races were reversed in this scenario--it wouldn't be news. If it was a caucasian group who placed a bounty on a black man's head I can only imagine the outrage from many of you who responded here, but other than Tony and I there was little mention of the bounty placed by the black panthers.Many of you called me a racist yet are unable to provide any example of how I advocate the idea of one race being superior to another--I'm only critical of a politically correct culture with a racial double-standard. I'm sympathetic to those of you such as LeAnn who are of an exceedingly emotional personality--it was REALLY fun to to get you stirred up like I did! When people start calling names,that means they're out of facts with which to argue and I only argue facts, but you folks just aren't able to keep my interest any longer since we're no longer discussing issues of the case. Thanks again for playing along and I look forward to our jousts here on the WILX forum!!
      by LeAnn on Jun 6, 2012 at 09:37 AM in reply to RT
      I'm so glad that you think you have some sort of weird visual/sixth sense-like ability to either see my expression or read my emotions while typing. I am not "exceedingly emotional"; it's called passionate, jackwagon (yes, I do love calling people names when they're descriptive of what it's obvious they actually are). You have not argued ONE FACT, not one - I'd just love to know how you are privy to information that GZ was on his way back to his vehicle when he was attacked as I've not seen one witness statement or read anything in any of the official reports that states that, you big, fat, ignorant liar (which is I know why you are so kin to GZ - birds of a lying, violent attitude, racist feather and all). I'm so glad you think this is some sort of game - I truly do hope that some day you suffer such a loss/trauma, and then we'll see how much you find fun or game-like about it. Continue to deny you're a racist pig, but the only one you're convincing of that is yourself, well, and maybe Tony. So, does it ever get warm and dry under the troll bridge you live under? I'm thinkin' not - it's probably as dirty, dank, and disgusting on a consistent basis as you are.
      by anony on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM in reply to RT
      RT, Where is the evidence that Mr. Zimmerman was attacked. His Word?? A a couple of pictures? I too can hit my self in the head or have a friend do it to cover up a crime!! Being a retired officer the Fact is at this point NO ONE but the two involved know what happened and a terrible fate has plagued two families
      by Anonymous on Jun 6, 2012 at 04:31 PM in reply to RT
      I am so glad you were there and have first hand knowlege as to what happened. Will you be in court? As to your ideas that the only reason he got arested was the blacks raised a stink. It's true, since the police were going to bury what happened. A Special prosecutor says she has a case. As to it wouldn't be the same if the white man had been killed you are right there because the kid would have been lynched. You make me ashamed to be white. What a total biggot you are. How can you look at yourself in a mirror. You just can not deal with the truth.
  • by tony Location: mason on Jun 6, 2012 at 04:20 AM
    I'm glad no one agrees with us thats what makes this country great. If everyone thought the same it would be a boring world. I'm not anti black but there are some that I am. Just like all other races there are some in that race that try to use the race card every chance they get and its getting old fast. No one has commented on my fact that if it were a black man that shot him this would not be news or what the black panthers bounty and Jessie Jackson and al sharpton have done. Do u people think that it is ok what they have done? Again if it were a black on black shooting it would not be news. Or if a black man shot a white man it would not be news see where I'm coming from. If u think that all this political correctness is getting out of control or not it is getting old fast.does leannn or anyone else agree its only news cause of the race and al sharpton and his supporters and does leann think the black panthers are right in putting Bounty on his head.
  • by sandralee on Jun 5, 2012 at 04:32 PM
    I had no idea that someone could be as nasty as a response I read here. RT I have no idea besides being a self centered anti black person you think you are. You are not the smartest, most wonderful person on earth. If you really have two degrees I wonder in what. You want to support Zimmerman that is your right attacking LeAnn for not agreeing with you is over the line. I am ashamed to see that Wilx has allowed you to spread your hate here, as I see it both you and Tony should be banned. What you said was not civil, or on topic. As I see it Zimmerman lied and I also think he needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 156912165 - wilx.com/a?a=156912165