Snyder Recall Petition Language Approved

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

A longshot effort to recall Republican Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder can begin collecting signatures aimed at getting the measure on the ballot.
Election officials approved the recall petition language Friday. An attorney for Snyder says he doesn't know if Snyder will appeal, which would halt any signature gathering.
The petition says Snyder should be recalled for supporting sweeping new powers for emergency managers and increasing taxes on retirees and low-income workers while cutting business taxes.
The petition is sponsored by the volunteer, non-partisan group Michigan Citizens United. The group must collect more than 800,000 valid signatures and file them no later than Aug. 5 to qualify for the November ballot.
The signatures must equal a quarter of ballots cast last year, when Snyder won with 58 percent of the vote.

• by RT Location: Lansing on May 2, 2011 at 07:33 AM
    Boo-hoo-hoo...Snyder is going to cut my precious program (it's OK to cut someone else's, though). He's going to let businesses keep more money so they can hire more workers and buy more equipment. He wants to hold people suckling off the public teet accountable for the money the taxpayers provide them. We should definitely have Jenny-girl come back and return Michigan to the Utopia it was when she was in office. You're all a bunch of crybabies!
  • by Sue Location: Jackson on May 1, 2011 at 06:04 PM
    I would like to know where the petitions will be circulated. I think I could find enough people to car pool to the location. I know of 5 people right now that want to sign and we would be willing to drive to sign a petition.
      by RT on May 2, 2011 at 07:35 AM in reply to Sue
      Go to the unemployment office...that's where most Michigan residents are these days. Maybe Queen Jenny Granholm will give you a ride on her golden chariot.
  • by Lila Location: Lansing on Apr 30, 2011 at 01:22 PM
    Where do people go to sign the petition?
  • by Rebecca Location: Concord on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    I would be the first to have him recalled, he is going to ruin this state, I for one did not vote for him, he is all for helping his business partners.
  • by Mary Location: Lansing on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    Where do I sign? How can I help?
  • by Anonymous on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    When and where can I sign?
  • by mike Location: lansing on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    Where can i go to sign?Make sure you come to my house,how can i let you know where i live?
  • by eager to sign Location: lansing on Apr 30, 2011 at 09:27 AM
    Inform people where they can go to sign the petition.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 30, 2011 at 07:39 AM
    You want to RECALL someone...Recall Barack Hussein Obama.!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121020599 - wilx.com/a?a=121020599