Skelton's Parents: The Boys Are Alive

By: News 10
By: News 10

The father of the missing Skelton brothers from Morenci says the boys are alive, but refuses to say where they are.

John Skelton's parents say that's what their son told them when they visited him in jail Wednesday.

Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton have been missing since Thanksgiving day.

Skelton's parents say their son told them he moved the boys because he didn't want them to be with their mother, Tanya.

"He took those boys out of harm's way and I respect my son, because he loves his-- he loves his children, and I respect my son for doing just that, taking his boys out of harm's way," says Roxanne Skelton, John Skelton's mother.

The Skeltons say they believe their son and believe their grandsons are alive.

A Sandusky woman claims she spotted the brothers the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She says a woman brought them into her doughnut shop.

Police do not believe the boys are alive.

John Skelton is fighting extradition to Michigan. A hearing will be held next week.

• by Marie Location: NC on Dec 15, 2010 at 04:01 AM
    Suicide attempt? Laughable. He never intended to kill himself. If he had, he'd be dead (too). I hope those little guys are alive, but doubt it seriously. Shades of Gabriel Johnson, who's mom first said she killed him but changed the story to finding new parents for him. Right. And Caylee Anthony's nanny scenario. This guy has been paying attention to the news. Premeditated. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to realize that perps in similar cases are behind bars now -- people like this always think they'll be the ones to do it "right." Sickening.
  • by Kelly Location: Lansing on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    Anyone who believes this nutcase is deluded. He's lying, and he killed his three boys. He has conned his parents into believing him, and also conned a good portion of the public, it seems. The law enforcement officers working this case know the truth, but they can't prove it yet. Those poor kids never had a chance. Just horrible.
  • by Jamie Location: Lansing on Dec 11, 2010 at 04:26 PM
    Hmmm...this story is starting to sound exactly like the Casey Anthony story...Look how that turned out.
  • by William Location: Boston ma on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    I think the Father if he was 1 bit of compassion for his family,his community,and our country as whole,end the nightmare one way or another, the our law enforcement and court system is not going to quit. We all know there is always evidence somewhere whether DNA or or witnesses. I also think if the boys are found alive he should do sometime in jail, for his hideous behavior and his loser uncontrolled emotions.
  • by Kay Location: Dimondale on Dec 10, 2010 at 07:27 PM
    These boys may be alive, I pray they are, but they will never be "ok". I say this because my siblings and I were taken from our mother by our father and given to a relative for safe keeping. It hurt us all.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    I do not understand why if someone has the kids they don't just turn them over to the police, but the odds are that the kids are dead, and he doesn't want anyone to know, therefore the bull ---- story
  • by Sandy Location: Arizona on Dec 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    I have followed this story since it started. I pray for those 3 little innocent lives that do not deserve what is happening to them. Please God let them be alive. By the stories I have read..seems like they depend on each other for love and support...so sad.
  • by theresa Location: marysville,ohio on Dec 10, 2010 at 08:07 AM
    you need to tell where they are.i pray that they are safe.
  • by michigan mom Location: michigan on Dec 9, 2010 at 09:11 PM
    When she filed for divorce after YOU attempted to kidnap them once already SHE was awarded full custody (it's just an educated guess that the judge ALSO knew her past, that it's safe to say she wasn't the parent that they were concerned was a threat to the boys) then all of a sudden you play that card?? YOU and your entire family are nuts! I hope your ignorant parents and sibling are soon sitting next to your sorry *** in jail, because my money is betting they know where those boys are. Oh, and while we're at it, hey brilliant one: there are way too many children who are honestly in danger every day from a parent and you idiots who cry wolf for vengance or payback or just because you're pi**ed? mucking up the court systems for the legitimate cases? I would soo love to bring back public stonings just for people like you.
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Dec 9, 2010 at 08:56 AM
    There are legal and much more reasonable ways of handling the family situation, but Mr. Skelton, you are a foolish coward who chose to try to make it "better" (?????) by keeping your boys from ALL of their family and attempting to kill your lame self. Tell the authorities, or anyone for that matter, where they are, and let them be home for Christmas instead if being little pawns caught up in your twisted and utterly ridiculous game. If you thought your ex-wife was so bad, you never should've let those children live with her. If you felt you made such a bad choice, then you should've taken the matter back to the courts. What you're doing now is nothing but cruel and you need to stop this madness NOW.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111588144 - wilx.com/a?a=111588144