Shopper Already Camped Out at Best Buy

By: News 10
By: News 10

A local shopper is out in the cold Wednesday morning, camped outside Best Buy.

News 10 cameras caught a tent set up outside the store near the Lansing Mall in Delta Township.

More campers are expected to join in on the fun throughout the day. Usually by Thanksgiving night, there are a sea of tents outside the store.

People across the country have been lining up at Best Buy stores to be the first to get the Black Friday doorbuster deals.

• by Jason Location: Jackson on Nov 25, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    You know what? I could care less what other idiots do. You want to camp out in the cold to get a deal on electronic junk, go for it. I'm in the house with my family, enjoying the holiday, watching the game, eating, and drinking. That's what it means to me. I guess to you, it's buying that big screen TV. Hope you enjoy it.
  • by Sue Location: Jackson on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    James your message is completely lost on me. Maybe you are the attention seeker?
  • by JoeyLoey Location: Lansing on Nov 24, 2010 at 03:15 PM
    James, these guy's are'nt attention seekers.. There a couple of cheap, dumb SOB's who think they are going to make a profit reselling this stuff on ebay.. They work at the trailer court, for Petes sake... How smart can they be..?
  • by James Location: Lansing on Nov 24, 2010 at 02:51 PM
    and I dont have a job and live with my mom.... REAL
  • by James Location: Lansing on Nov 24, 2010 at 01:11 PM
    Seems everyone who has commented before me (except Anonymous)is about as dumb as the people who are camping out in front of Best Buy. The real suckers are those who have commented before me. What's priceless is witnessing all of you give into these desperate social outcast attention seekers. Asking why they are camping out along with complaining and calling them "losers", is giving them EXACTLY what they so desperately want and need you to do...and you fell for it! So, who's the sucker now?? It's the attention they so much crave on these depressing holiday seasons, albeit negative or otherwise (it doesn't matter to them). They couldn't care less about the prices and the money they might save. They only care about one thing, and they succeeded in getting it from all of you today. Even WILX has fallen victim to their real intentions without knowing it. The end result: Thanks to all of you, they are now basking in their 15 minutes of fame! Hmmm... I might go down there to join them.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    I HAVE BEEN IN RETAIL FOR NEARLY 40 YRS. THERE ARE NO FREE LUNCH PEOPLE!!!!
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    If this person wants to be a bit silly and sit out in the cold, in a tent, not spend Thanksgivng warm and indoors with family because they're waiting for sales.......wait, what was my point??? LOL!
  • by Anonymous on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    Two weeks of preparing camping gear for extreme cold - 4 hours. Food that does not require heating or cooling $40 Food from fast food $40 frost bite on skin - covered by medicaid. Appearing on WILX - Priceless.
  • by JoeyLoey Location: Okemos on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    "There's a sucker born every minute"
  • by Laughing Location: in a warm bed, on Nov 24, 2010 at 08:54 AM
    LOSERS!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110366154 - wilx.com/a?a=110366154