Puppy, Dog Attacked with Hatchet

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

CHELSEA, Mich. (AP) -- Authorities say a dog and a puppy were brutally attacked with a hatchet, and their injuries were so severe that both had to be euthanized.
The Humane Society of Huron Valley says that wounds to the dogs were inflicted with a hatchet while the animals were bound.
The Detroit News reports that both dogs -- a 5-year-old shepherd mix and a 9-month-old Rottweiler mix -- played together daily in their neighboring backyards about 50 miles west of Detroit and went missing March 9.
AnnArbor.com says they were found near death later that day, and veterinarians tried to save them but both had to be euthanized.
Officials are warning pet owners in the area that dogs running loose may be in extra danger, and are offering a $500 reward for information.

• by angela Location: houston texas on Apr 11, 2011 at 09:42 AM
    i dont get why people do this to poor defenslive animals that dint do anithing to any one
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Mar 17, 2011 at 05:27 AM
    Coot, take your soapbox and go stand on it elsewhere. Until you start letting me and everyone else tell YOU what you can and can't do with your own body, keep your ignorant mouth shut, please. As I point out, every stinking day, the whole world does not believe like you, and I know you, nor anyone else, would want to be bound by others' religious laws and beliefs. The day I need ANYONE telling me what's appropriate or inappropriate for me to do with or to my own body and whatever may reside within it, I'll let you know.......don't hold your breath. Aborted fetuses don't make the news because it's not a crime and it's a medical procedure done in privacy, idiot.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2011 at 02:13 AM
    To Cool; how you could jump from a deranged individual who is obviously mentally unbalanced and would probably have the capability of doing this to a human to abortion is way beyond me. I cannot understand your logic. This article is about a horrible act. I agree with Betty, there is cause to be alarmed and I hope they find this individual and soon.
  • by Tiff Location: Jackson on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM
    Anyone who does something like this to an animal should be charged with murder just like if it was an attack on a person-maybe that would make people think twice about hurting an animal. BTW Cool-stay on topic and save you anti-abortion talk for when it's appropriate-this is about animals being abused.
  • by Betty on Mar 16, 2011 at 09:34 AM
    Anyone who will do this to a dog will do it to a human. It's only a matter of time. Please PLEASE find the attacker -- SOON!!
  • by Coot Location: Lansing on Mar 16, 2011 at 08:38 AM
    This is truly horrible, all those dogs wanted to do was be loved. I will remind you tho that there are babies being aborted everyday, and all they wanted was to be loved too. It's sad that you can get more time for killing a dog then a HUMAN FETUS. What's equally sad is death of dogs get more news then aborted fetuses.
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:09 AM
    I cannot put into words the total disgust, anguish, and utter shock I feel after reading this. I hope they find the vile piece(s) of scum that did this and punish them to the fullest extent possible. I am sick to my stomach right now and my eyes are full of tears of rage. Disgusting human filth is the only way I can think of to describe anyone who would do such a heinous act.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118069949 - wilx.com/a?a=118069949