Protestors Line The Streets of Blossomtime Grand Floral Parade

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Governor Snyder wasn't very well-received as the Grand Marshal of the Blossomtime Grand Floral parade in Benton Harbor.
Protestors lined the route of the parade on Saturday in the city with a state-appointed financial manager in place.
In March, Snyder signed a law that gives state-appointed financial managers broader powers to correct the finances of communities and school districts.
Republican State Rep. Sharon Tyler of Niles rode in a parade convertible and saw the protesters. She says it should be a time "to find common ground."
Miss Dowagiac Gabrielle Dorman says the protesters have a right to express their opinion but "maybe it could have been held at a different time."

• by Anonymous on May 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    He is doing a job that everyone wanted him to do, but had the same expectations as our last governor. He has far exceeded her accomplishments.
  • by Anonymous on May 9, 2011 at 07:01 AM
    The financial manager is needed to get budget under control If some of these cities were not so union bound giving out contracts that can not be sustain, the EFM would not be needed.
  • by Me on May 8, 2011 at 07:47 PM
    I am sure he was riding proudly with his friend, the EFM. Did the people of Benton Harbor want the Nerd there? I am sure the heartless governor will get over it, after all of the programs he has taken away from children, elderly and the poor, I am sure a few protesters wont bother him.
  • by Me on May 8, 2011 at 07:47 PM
  • by Me on May 8, 2011 at 07:47 PM
  • by Matt Location: MI on May 8, 2011 at 09:48 AM
    What a jerk. Take out the city management and then have the gall to come back as grand marshal? Did Snyder not get the irony or the joke. And, Miss Dowagiac .. get a clue.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121462814 - wilx.com/a?a=121462814