Police Identify Man Killed In Home Invasion

News 10 has learned the identity of the man killed during a home invasion in Lansing.

The 28-year-old has been identified as Jeston Lawrence of Lansing. Police say he broke into a home on Georgetown Boulevard early Saturday morning--- and was shot and killed by the homeowner.

No one was arrested--- and it will be up to the prosecutor to decide if any charges will be filed against the homeowner.

• by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2011 at 03:32 PM
    Even if he was unarmed...even if he did "think" he was going into his buddies house...He was probably drunk, or on drugs, and too inebriated to realize it was the wrong house, I think that old man did what any gun owner would have done..if it was 5am or 5pm...he still was BREAKING into this old man's house. Maybe he knew he was on old man, and thought he didnt need a weapon, if it was the other way around. He shouldnt have to pay for any of the family's "needs." I think that man did the right thing 100% by shooting the home-invader.
  • by D Location: Lansing on Jan 13, 2011 at 07:43 AM
    Well, Michigan State Law states that if someone enters your house, uninvited, or unlwfully, and your life was in danger, then you have every right to defend yourself and your family. I heard he was UNARMED, in the wrong house, sources close to the family have said, so technically if he was unarmed, the homeowner MAY be liable for a lawsuit from the family to cover their needs! he will not be prosecuted. Now if the law finds in favor that the shooting was unjust, he will go to jail. if you dont believe me, go read the Michigan.gov/homeinvasion.
  • by Stella Location: Lansing on Jan 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Wow, WILX...I'm impressed...you post this article, but not the one where police find out that it may have been a misunderstanding and that the man just was trying to enter the wrong house (he thought it was his friends)...Nice.
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Jan 11, 2011 at 06:14 AM
    I'd still like some more details than what's been provided before I choose to form an opinion of the "perpetrator". First, he was "attempting to break in" and now they say he actually did; I'm inclined to wonder which it is. I'll keep to my wooden softball bat-I know my house better than anyone breaking in, I can see better than almost anyone in the dark, and I gaurantee you'd wish I had a gun by the time I got done with you if you were dumb enough to break into my house in the middle of the night. I'd still do my best not to kill, but you'd be limping around and not lookin' so purty for a while there.
  • by unknown Location: lansing on Jan 10, 2011 at 06:07 PM
    I feel that if someone is breaking the law by breaking into your home you should be able to do whatever you need to protect you and your family and if you wait to act they may hurt you first and I'm not willing to risk that I'm a 22 year old mother and I would not think twice about shooting anyone breaking into my home my first thoughts arnt going to be am I going to go to jail its to protect.
  • by Anonymous Location: Lansing on Jan 10, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    I can't believe this. Don't mourn this man. This home invader...this person who invaded someone's safety while they were asleep. scum.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    The problem with shooting to wound the home invader is that under the law the home invader can come back and sue the homeowner.
  • by mike Location: lansing on Jan 10, 2011 at 01:26 PM
    I agree with mike break into my home,try to harm me,or my family you will die,warning i will not shoot to wound,somebody on the lsj,said why not just shoot them in the leg,well da a wounded person can still harm you.And yes i have a ccw.Which you don't need in the home.
  • by Dave Location: st johns on Jan 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    I have my gun ready anybody wanna come try my house? Im tired of hearing about all tese robbings and home invasions. Guns should be FREE to those who qualify to own one for this particular reason.
  • by mike on Jan 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    Just maybe all the would be HOME INVADERS who are out there in the Lansing area will take warning!!!! YOU INVADE OUR HOMES YOU WILL BE SHOT!!!! PERIOD... !!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113217529 - wilx.com/a?a=113217529