Okemos Woman Killed In Snowmobile Crash

By: News 10
By: News 10

A mid-Michigan woman is dead after a snowmobile crash in northern Michigan. It happened Monday night in Wexford County's Boon Township.

The sheriff's office says 22-year-old Megan Schoenmaker of Okemos lost control on her snowmobile, fell off and hit a tree stump.

She was wearing a helmet. Sheriff's officials believe speed was a factor and don't believe alcohol played a role in the crash.

• by Annemieke Location: Woerden,The Netherlands on Dec 29, 2010 at 01:24 AM
    Megan,what a loss. We grieve with your parents, brother and grandparents. It's hard to be overseas and unable to share this physically with you.
  • by Theresa Location: Michigan on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    I am so sorry for our loss of sweet, Megan. She was a kind, loving, cheerful, soul who will be missed. The nursing profession will be missing an angel. There is joy in knowing she is now a heavenly one. I will miss you!
  • by Allison W. Location: Holt, MI on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    Megan I will miss your friendly smile, your joking nature, and your caring soul. You will be greatly missed!
  • by Robin Jonas Location: Orlando on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:13 PM
    The world lost a shining light.
    I will miss what you could have done.
    Robin Jonas
  • by Jody M Location: Okemos MI on Dec 28, 2010 at 05:29 PM
    I do not know Megan but my heart goes out to her family and friends. God Bless and comfort you guys, we will keep you in our prayers. Jody M
  • by Rachael T Location: Orlando on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    Megan was such a beautiful soul. The world grew a little darker today. Rest in peace Megan!
  • by December Location: Ocala, Florida on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Megan, I wish I could bring you back. You are loved and missed.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112559159 - wilx.com/a?a=112559159