Officials: Norovirus Cause of Restaurant Illnesses

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

HOLLAND, Mich. (AP) -- Authorities say norovirus has been identified as the illness that caused at least 200 people to become sick after eating at a West Michigan restaurant.
Mlive.com reports (http://bit.ly/MxeDCM ) Tuesday that the common cause of food poisoning was determined to be the source of the outbreak last week at Margarita's Mexican Restaurant in Holland. The Ottawa County Health Department says the eatery voluntarily shut down after officials started investigating on Thursday.
The department launched its probe after getting reports of 10 illnesses, mostly involving nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Officials say the restaurant will have to be inspected before it reopens.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 164520326