HOLLAND, Mich. (AP) -- Authorities say norovirus has been identified as the illness that caused at least 200 people to become sick after eating at a West Michigan restaurant.
Mlive.com reports (http://bit.ly/MxeDCM ) Tuesday that the common cause of food poisoning was determined to be the source of the outbreak last week at Margarita's Mexican Restaurant in Holland. The Ottawa County Health Department says the eatery voluntarily shut down after officials started investigating on Thursday.
The department launched its probe after getting reports of 10 illnesses, mostly involving nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Officials say the restaurant will have to be inspected before it reopens.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.