New Poll Shows Congressional Race in Dead Heat

By: News 10
By: News 10

A new poll shows the candidates for Congress in Michigan's 7th Congressional District are in a dead heat.

According to "The Hill", a Washington, D.C. publication, Congressman Mark Schauer, a Democrat, and Republican challenger Tim Walberg are tied with 41 percent of the vote..

The remaining 18 percent are either undecided, not voting or choosing another candidate.

"The Hill" polled more than 400 people in the District, which includes Jackson.

Both Schauer and Walberg have service one term each as U.S. Congressmen.

• by FactCheck Location: Michigan's 7th District on Oct 8, 2010 at 05:41 AM
    How soon people forget! Walberg was our Congressman during the bank bail-out. While the bankers kept their jobs, salaries, and bonuses; the average joe was lucky just to keep his job with lower pay and lower benefits. I remember the news discussions from when Walberg was in office; supporting big oil, the privatization of Social Security, government deregulation, and the outsourcing American jobs. How soon we forget that Walberg supported the desires of Big Business, Big Oil, and President Bush. He took care of his friends. Look around, see how well the country fared because of their whims. Ask yourself in the voting booth, "Do we need another term of Walberg's representation for the future of our children?"
  • by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2010 at 05:22 AM
    I don't care for Schauer or Walberg! Why can't we get somebody that can get the job done? Why do they always vote with thier party?
  • by Kelly Location: Lansing on Oct 6, 2010 at 08:33 PM
    Schauer was idiot enough to vote for Obama's "Health Care Reform," so that's enough right there to vote him out of office permanently. Anyone who votes for him is obviously not thinking clearly at all, and should not be voting. The uninformed must be kept away from the polling booth.
  • by Jerry Location: Troke on Oct 6, 2010 at 01:51 PM
    I would disagree vehemently with your assertion that one is as bad as the other. Mar Schauer is a pawn of the Democratic party who votes as he's told better than 94% of the time. His recent scorecard rating from FRC Action and CitizenLink, a measure of how he has voted on key House pro-family issues, gives him a ZERO - not a single pro-family vote on 16 bills! Tim Walberg, on the other hand, holds a worldview that would preclude him from voting the same way on these critical issues. I think there is a tremendous difference between them!
  • by Dusty Location: Brooklyn, MI. on Oct 6, 2010 at 01:39 PM
    Schauer is just a mimic for Madam speaker and I just can't tolerate having any more of her than we've already had ---- Tim isn't the best Michigan could do but of these two he's the only choice!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 6, 2010 at 01:37 PM
    Markie is a liar and a joke. What a creep. Scaring seniors is low life stuff. No better than the criminals that stalk them for their money and belongings. He is a Obama lap dog. He is also a Polosi lap dog. And I love to add he is a Grandmole lap dog. He helped the Messiah rip Medicare for A bunch of money. Thats ripping off seniors Markie. I am hoping Markie and Barney both get fired. They can go off into the sunset together. I think I just made myself puke in my mouth. See what these looney libs are doing to me.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 6, 2010 at 01:22 PM
    I think both of their records leave something to be desired. I guess you flip a coin, as one is as bad as the other.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104436189 - wilx.com/a?a=104436189