Neighborhood Believes A Sex Offender Is In Violation Of His Parole

By: Anthony Sabella Email
By: Anthony Sabella Email

"Why is this guy in our neighborhood when he's violating some of his parole conditions?"

Neighborhood Watch Coordinator Stephani Hamann

"It would worry anybody, but...I trust that my neighbors will keep an eye on me."

It's just one woman too afraid to reveal her name after learning a sex offender lives down the street from her on Lansing's Parkway Drive.

It's a big issue for Neighborhood Watch Coordinator Stephani Hamann, but there's more to it.

"Why is this guy in our neighborhood when he's violating some of his parole conditions," she said.

Frederick Losey moved to the neighborhood five weeks ago. He's been on parole since 2011, after serving 17 years in prison for two counts of first degree sexual conduct.

His parole has 32 conditions, including staying at least 500 feet away from parks and playgrounds.

"He's too close to Poxson Park," said Hamann. "He's 280 feet to the entrance."

After measuring the distance herself, Hamann says she called Losey's parole officer.

"He said he okay-ed it!," said Hamann. "Why does he get to live here when his parole conditions say he can't be this close to a park?"

Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings tells News 10 that although there may be a 500 foot limit on Losey's parole, his parole officer can allow him to live within those limits under certain conditions.

According to the Michigan Department of Corrections, Losey's behavior has been good so far during his parole, which influenced his officer's decision.
However, he's still not allowed in the park and has a GPS tracker that sets off an alert if he goes inside.

In the meantime, Hamann is still looking for answers.

"It's just all very fishy and suspicious," she said.

• by Mr Nobody Location: lansing on Apr 27, 2013 at 07:49 PM
    This is for Stephani Hamann.. I know why Mr Fredrick Losey was in prison for.You can contact me I will fill you in. Thank you seeing how they would not post my other comment, Guess they don't want folks to know the truth about him. oldfriend1900@hotmail.com
  • by anonymous Location: howell on Feb 20, 2013 at 07:44 AM
    this list is a scam anyway there are people on it who had sex with teir high school sweethearts and the parents pressed charges and later these couples are married for life but still on this list. It needs to be re done on who is on it
  • by Name Location: Location on Feb 19, 2013 at 09:13 AM
    Someone can have two counts of a CSC for the same offense. Therefore, he could have learned his lesson the first time. When thinking about the actual measurements 500 feet really isn't that large of a distance anyway.
  • by Name Location: Location on Feb 19, 2013 at 06:16 AM
    I would like to see your figures Bert, about the Michigan SOR costing $500 million a year. Seeing as how I work closely with the people involved, and see their budget requirements, I think you might be just a tad bit (read: really, really) off base with your made up figure.
  • by Bert Location: 96774 on Feb 18, 2013 at 05:50 AM
    This is why the registry should be for LE eyes only. Societies that hold to democratic values don't "register" people on political persecution lists like the Sex Offender Registry (SOR). The reason I mention "persecution" is that the only beneficiaries are the elected official using the topic as a career builder. The sex offender registry is a complete and utter fraud costing the tax payer over $500,000,000 per year. When you lose your job, keep that in mind.
  • by More than Concerned Location: Lansing on Feb 15, 2013 at 08:12 PM
    If Mr Losey's behavior has been "good so far", how come the courts fee he still needs to be geo-fenced with a GPS tracker? ... obviously, because they feel in some way or form that he may still be a risk to society... If that is the case, they need to stick to the full terms of the court ordered parole, and take the discretion ability away from the parole officers.
  • by Concerned resident Location: Lansing,MI on Feb 15, 2013 at 04:58 PM
    I live in this neighborhood and do not feel comfortable with him living so close to me, especially as a mother. This person has TWO counts of sexual conduct, obviously did not learn his lesson the first time. In my opinion people do not change their ways, but I do not want myself/or my children to be the test subjects to find out. We deserve to live without fear.
  • by James Location: Lansing on Feb 15, 2013 at 01:04 PM
    Honestly, would it make you feel any better if he was 501 feet from the park??
  • by Name Location: Location on Feb 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    Document, and file a police report that it is in clear violation of his probation. But you have to give the felon a break if it is the 100 house he looked at and they were all in violation of his probation. Do you know how much of the city is off limits if you block off one city block from every park.
  • by Education Location: Lansing on Feb 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    The general public needs to do a better job educating themselves on this topic. Not all sex offenses involve children, thus a park condition would not be an issue. Some conditions could just be standard with the type of conviction. This could be a romeo and joliet case or an adult victim. At least we know where this guys lives as he is on the registry. Go one step further I can see what vehicle he drives as it is on the registry. I am more worried about those we don't know where they are. Remember these guys came from these communities so don't go looking at the DOC for someone to blame. If you don't want them back in the community because over 90% are coming back no matter what we do,get out your check book when the State comes for more tax dollars.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191339161 - wilx.com/a?a=191339161