Murder Charge Reinstated Against Brown

By: News 10
By: News 10

A Lansing man is once again facing a murder charge due to new evidence on YouTube.

19-year-old Nicholas Brown was ordered to stand trial Thursday in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shayla Johnson.

She was shot and killed last July, and Brown was one of the men intially arrested.

Charges were dropped against him last fall due to lack of evidence, but charges were reinstated after a detective testified that Brown was in a YouTube video bragging about the shooting.

The detective says he mentions details of the crime and bragged that his gang didn't talk to police.

A total of six people, including a 14-year-old boy, will stand trial in connection with Johnson's death.

Brown is being held without bond.

• by anonymous on Jan 25, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    i hope he never gets to see the light of day again!!!! I also hopes he drops the soap for big bubba!!!!! I guess what gets me is that he dont even care what he did to Shayla!!! he acts like its a big joke,,, rot in hell nick brown
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    Did the supposed killer give consent to be recorded?
  • by Westside Location: Lansing on Jan 21, 2011 at 09:20 PM
    Yea its sad what happened to shayla but that doesn't mean they should get the death penalty. I know some of them and they cool ppl if u know them. They just got caught up in the wrong thing. Ppl look at them as such bad ppl that just killed someone so innocent. But think about it. She was involved with "drugs" so she couldn't be so innocent. She was involved in a bad situation that costed her her life, and cost them their freedom. But I know that this will change their lives and help them to make better decisions in the future. All families should be kept in prayer
  • by Sarah Location: Collins on Jan 21, 2011 at 09:12 PM
    So when I first heard about this girls death it made me sick to my stomach, and it still does. My first instinct is to hate Nicholas Brown &the others associated with her death.I'm not trying by ANY means to take away the fact that her death is a tragedy or that something is seriously wrong with the people who could do it. BUT I think we all have to remember that Brown &his associated were once young and innocent, and that the people who they have become is most likely due to coming up in a bad environment. I think that we can all get mad/hate him all we want, but the ONLY way to PREVENT this kind of thing is by intervening in childrens' lives - to make sure that they don't get dragged down the same path that these young men did. Everybody can do something small to step up for the kids in our community.Volunteer to become a mentor,tutor,or do SOMETHING for the kids who need positive influences.Lansing communities need to get together and HELP these kids. We can PREVENT these things.
  • by eastern eagle Location: usa on Jan 21, 2011 at 08:21 PM
    everyone does deserve a chance. Ms. Johnson should still be alive. She was trying to survive. I know few boys who go to prison for murder and come out with their heads on right. When you are trying to survive, you don't brag about murdering someone on YouTube. Hopefully they will plead guilty, take their punishment, and grow up fast. I am sure their families would not be as understanding if someone was "trying to survive" and their mother, sister, or other loved one just happened to be in the wrong place. You can try to survive without committing crimes.
  • by missnorthside Location: lansing on Jan 21, 2011 at 03:10 PM
    i think every1 desrves a chance.. it was just a riobbery hgone bad.. noone needs to be like that towards him.. he nd others r just young black men who were tryna survive.. what they did was wrong.. when they get out there heads will be on right.. i know a couple of them.. nd i prayt that they let this be a lesson learned
  • by mike Location: lansing on Jan 21, 2011 at 08:26 AM
    BY,BY,Brown got more SCUM,off lansing streets.
  • by Kelly Location: Lansing on Jan 21, 2011 at 06:16 AM
    This dirtbag is pure scum. This dirtbag and his "gang" is why Michigan needs the death penalty. I believe Michigan lawmakers are too weak to ever enact it. What a shame.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 21, 2011 at 05:40 AM
    Thank goodness for Ignorant people who take someone's life then brag about it and most of all Thank goodness for YOUTUBE.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114354954 - wilx.com/a?a=114354954