Update: Man Killed in Delta Township Roll-over

By: News 10
By: News 10

DELTA TWP - Alcohol is being called a factor in a crash that killed one man and injured a young woman in Delta Township Monday evening. The crash happened along Saginaw Highway in front of the Lansing Mall at about 8:15PM. The Pontiac Grand Am went out of control, hit a fire hydrant and rolled over into the Comerica Bank parking lot. The male passenger was ejected from the car. 26-year-old Perry Lee Embry was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Bystanders pulled an 18-year-old female passenger from the wreckage. She was hospitalized.
The driver the car, a 24-year-old Lansing man, ran away from the scene, but was captured near the Zap Zone on East Mall Drive. The driver was injured and remains in the hospital. Alcohol is believed to be a factor, and the driver will be charged once he is released from the hospital.

• by Robbin Carter on May 3, 2011 at 09:35 PM
    R.I.P. BABY BROTHER I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!! I PROMISE TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST FOR YOU AND ALL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL BABIES! I HAVE TOLD YOU I GOT YOU AND BABY I GOT YOU! ALL MY LOVE FOREVER...YOUR BIG SISTER ROBBIN XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
  • by Margaret Location: KY on May 1, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    From KY, I'm So Very Sorry for This families'loss, I could not sleep all night when I heard of this, I prayed for Perry's soul that God would welcome him into his Kingdom and if he'd committed sins that the Lord would forgive him. I also prayed for his family to feel the peace of God that 'Only He can Give'...my brother's grandgaughter was in this accident and I'm sure is feeling alot of regret and sadness. I know justice will be served to the young man who caused this and walked away forgetting his friends, but may we all remember the Lord forgives if only we have Godly sorrow and repent. To Perry's family, lean on the Lord and allow Him to be your Comforter and friend, He will help you forgive and have peace in your hearts. Sincerely Praying In Kentucky.
      by robbincarter on May 3, 2011 at 09:29 PM in reply to Margaret
      thank you so much for you kind words, Perry is my baby brother.
  • by Linda Rose Location: Grand Ledge Mi on Apr 29, 2011 at 07:17 AM
    We will miss u and ur smile. Love Aunt Linda Rose.
  • by Jessica Location: 517 on Apr 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    Perry I feel bad I didn't get to say good bye to u but I kno now that ur in a better place now and Ill be meetin u there soon!!!! I love you bro
  • by Rosie Location: Holland mi on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:47 AM
    To my lil brother booman. I love u and miss u! U will forever by in my heart. I know u r in a better place now. Thank u for being such a great person and brother to me. much love always.
  • by Becky Location: Ga on Apr 27, 2011 at 07:49 PM
    I will miss you Booman... You are in God's hands and Grandma will take care of you now... Remember we will see you someday.. I love you Booman and you will always be my cuz!!!!
  • by Kendra Location: Fowlerville on Apr 27, 2011 at 05:09 PM
    RIP booman. you are missed greatly. much love li brother
  • by LUECHANNA Location: LANSING on Apr 27, 2011 at 01:13 PM
    You may be in the lords hands now, but you will always be alive in my heart. R.I.P. We love you!! And y'all never be forgotten!!! LOVE LUECHANNA/FAM XOXO
  • by LUECHANNA Location: WEST LANSING on Apr 27, 2011 at 01:05 PM
    A life so young released to heaven , left on Earth we wonder why, But some are sent among us briefly 'Some have Spirits meant to fly' "R.I.P BOOMAN "LOVE UR CUZ LUECHANNA
  • by Donny Location: Lansing MI on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. ~r.i.p~ perry 1-7-85 ~ 4-25-11 :( so sad... this dont even seem real.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120701474 - wilx.com/a?a=120701474