Man In Critical After Catching On Fire

By: News 10
By: News 10

An 80-year-old man from Blackman Township is now in critical condition after catching on fire this morning.
Firefighters at the Blackman-Leoni Townships Public Safety office say it happened at 8:10 a.m. on the 800 block of Wayne Street.
The man had apparently been putting fluid in his Zippo lighter when some spilled on his clothes and the bed.
He then tried to light a cigarette, and the bedding and his pajamas caught on fire.
His family put out the flames, but he received severe burns to his legs.
The victim is now at the U of M Hospital in critical but stable condition.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117314858 - wilx.com/a?a=117314858