Local Family Prays for a Miracle

By: Rachel Thomas Email
By: Rachel Thomas Email

On their way to a family birthday party, Chad Cole endured the biggest loss of his life. After swerving to dodge car pile-up, a semi- truck struck them from behind killing his best friend and wife of 14 years.

"They were always sitting close next to each other cuddled up. Their love was a deep and passionate love for one another. It was like the perfect match," said Cole's younger brother Ryan Cole.

But Chad's wife Sarah gave him his greatest gift, a little baby girl. She was born 45 minutes after the crash at Allegiance Hospital where doctors started her heart.

"She's a miracle child in the first place. My brother and his wife were trying for a long time. After 14 years of marriage, they were stepping into the world of parenthood," said Cole's youngest brother Aaron Cole.

"Sarah had been planning and started sewing a quilt when she found out she was pregnant," said Cole's sister in-law, Joelle Cole.

The couple documented the entire pregnancy of their first child in a blog. Now friends and family can see baby Miranda and her daddy's first picture and read updates on her fragile condition on life support.

"Every moment my brother gets to share with his daughter is a gift," said Ryan Cole.

"She really needs a miracle and I believe in a god that can do miracles," said Aaron Cole.

Because of their strong faith and the baby's health, the family invited their pastor to perform a baptism in the hospital.

"We are praying that God can give my brother this miracle," said Aaron Cole.

The Cole family is happy to announce, Chad was able to hold his daughter Miranda for the first time Sunday.

• by Yvonne Location: Reading,MI on Feb 17, 2011 at 03:38 PM
    My Heavenly Father, I pray you will wrap the delicate life of Miranda in your healing arms making her stronger with her every heartbeat. Please give the Cole family peace and the doctors the knowledge and steady hands they need. In Jesus precious name I pray. Amen
  • by Heather Location: Mason on Feb 9, 2011 at 06:05 AM
    Dear God, May this new little life be the healing power this father and husband needs at this time of grief. Please richly bless Miranda. Give her strength and heal her little body.
  • by devanie weise Location: munith mi on Feb 8, 2011 at 08:25 PM
    I pray for him and his family and baby miranda.
  • by Sreeram Location: Chennai on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    What tragic event, I am praying Lord for his family and his baby girl. Lord I know you do miracles, please guide the doctors to save everyone
  • by Jacqueline J. Location: Buffalo,N.Y. on Feb 7, 2011 at 09:27 PM
    I wish all our tears could wash away your pain, I pray for a miracle, stay strong believe in God.God bless your wife and heal your Miranda.
  • by Stacey on Feb 7, 2011 at 04:51 PM
    I pray that God may blanket the Cole family in His love during this tragic time. Many, many prayers for this family, and especially for Baby Miranda.♥
  • by Jill Location: Bellevue on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Dear God in heaven, I pray for this family and Chad and his baby girl. Lord just give them your strength and love. Please guide the doctors hands in every move they make. Dear God I know you do miracles please give this family one. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    It makes you more appreciative what family and community support brings to raising a child. The extended community will be helping this child for years.
  • by Carrie Location: Jackson on Feb 6, 2011 at 07:15 PM
    Praise God for allowing this childs miraculous birth. We pray, Lord, that this child can become whole physically while providing comfort to her father and other loving family members, emotionally. Please poor out your love and mercy on this family during this time in the valley. Lord, allow this tragedy to become a testimony exalting your ability to provide us all with hope. In Jesus precious and holy name, Amen!
  • by Amy Location: Mason on Feb 6, 2011 at 06:50 PM
    How heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and praying their little baby girl can pull through.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115443379 - wilx.com/a?a=115443379