Lansing YMCA Evacuated Because of Carbon Monoxide Leak

By: News 10
By: News 10

Lansing's Oak Park YMCA will be closed Friday after a carbon monoxide leak forced the building to be evacuated Thursday evening. Two people reported feeling light-headed and weak earlier in the day. They were tested at Sparrow Hospital, which told the YMCA staff to clear the building after they tested positive for the colorless and odorless gas. Lansing firefighters believe a faulty heater caused the leak. The YMCA recommends anyone who was in the building Thursday get checked out, especially pregnant women and the elderly.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 24, 2010 at 04:53 AM
    these old YMCA buildings are real issues on maint. They need to hire outside companies to take care of the building so they can do their job. I never visit the Y because they are trying to become a fitness center while ingoring their purpose of being a Christian charity. The changing of their brand of dropping the word Christian and the letter C shows how much they are running things like a business.
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112411484 - wilx.com/a?a=112411484
Gray Television, Inc.