Lansing Police Officer Fired

By: News 10
By: News 10

The Lansing Police Department fired an officer Tuesday following two investigations and a trial. Lori Williams, an eight-year vet of the force, was improperly using the department's computer system to look up information about her husband. State Police investigated the case and a jury found her guilty. The chief fired Williams after an internal investigation.

Interim Chief Teresa Szymanski told wilx.com "This by far is the toughest decision I've had to make in my almost 24 years here at the LPD. I am very disappointed in the conduct of Officer Lori Williams. We take these things very seriously at the LPD. And we are troubled tonight by this incident."

Williams had been on administrative leave since April, when the three-year investigation ended.

• by Bob Location: Lansing on Nov 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    I am very sorry to see Lori leave. One of the finest officers that the city had. Also, the HOTTEST.
  • by Sans on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    I am sorry that this woman was so concerned about the man she married that she stouped to using the police computers to find out about this guy. Think maybe she shouldn't have married him, if she didn't know about him. What a waste of a police officer, and of city time, & money. Not only did she get herself fired she gove the LPD a black eye. The law is for all of us, not just for those who don't wear the uniform. Sorry but she deserved what she got.
  • by Sans Location: Indy on Nov 24, 2010 at 09:43 AM
    I agree with Mike (nobody was killed or hurt)-she wasn't drinking and driving a squad car (she was a good cop, so why wasn't she just internally reprimanded)-I think the law she broke is stupid for her to get fired over!
  • by Julie on Nov 24, 2010 at 06:04 AM
    seriously? this is news I cant go one day without isnt it? I shake my head in disbelief!
  • by Kelly Location: Lansing on Nov 24, 2010 at 03:09 AM
    Lori was a very, very good officer. I'm sorry she did such a stupid thing and then tried to justify it. LEIN guidlines are quite specific, and there IS no way to justify her actions.
  • by John Location: Lansing on Nov 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    Since the State Police were involved with the investigation, it is harder for them to sweep this incident under the rug. LPD internal affairs would have let it go.
  • by mike Location: lansing on Nov 23, 2010 at 09:19 PM
    Would somebody explain to me the law?This officer broke the law,nobody was hurt,ok fired,another cop breaks the law,speeds,no lights,no siren,total disreguard for the law,does nothing right,causes life long injury, plus law suit to the city,big money,and yet keeps her job,what is wrong with this picture?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110279269 - wilx.com/a?a=110279269