Killer Pit Bull Put to Sleep

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Authorities in Kalamazoo police say a pet pit bull that killed a family's 10-day-old baby has been euthanized.
Police say the attack happened Saturday afternoon, and the boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the baby's mother and 2-year-old sibling were home at the time of the attack. They say the mother was asleep in another room when the dog pushed its way into the baby's room and attacked him.
Authorities didn't release the dead baby's name.

• by MikeHunt Location: Center on Feb 24, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    2008 numbers show that Pitts make up 5% of the estimated dog population, and accounted for 65% (15) of dog bite Fatalities. In 2008, only one U.S. citizen over the age of 3 was killed by a breed other than a pit bull. 70% of the attacks occurred to children 11 years and under. http://www.dogsbite.org/bite-fatalities-2008.htm Its an interesting page, it gives a brief description, case by case of all the fatalities in 2008
  • by PICKLES on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    Regardless to what most people say about the pitbull, I have been around them all my life and I will defend the breed until the day I die.
  • by PICKLES on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    Tim-Yes, I've owned 6 pits in the past, I have two right now, one is 14 yrs.old and the BEST dog you'll EVER meet. I have been bitten by three dogs, a chow chow and the other two were poodles. I have a 7 yr.old daughter that can do ANYTHING to my pits and they will NEVER hurt her. People that keep putting down the pit has never owned one or has never been around one. Until you do I advise you to keep your opinion to yourself.
  • by Tim on Feb 23, 2011 at 03:26 AM
    Kellie and PICKLES... I bet you own pit bulls and are living in a dream world where you don't think they could possibly hurt anyone. It's time for you to wake up.
  • by PICKLES on Feb 22, 2011 at 01:47 PM
    I have to agree with Kellie...you NEVER hear anything about any other type of dog going on the attack.The media and newspapers thrive on pitbull stories, but they will never talk about any other types of dogs attacking people.
  • by Don Location: Lansing on Feb 22, 2011 at 08:28 AM
    Pit bulls are killers. That’s the way they are. The dog pounds have more pit bulls that anything else, because people realize this after they get them. The owners of pit bulls should be liable for anything their pit bulls do. These pit bull owners should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.
  • by jeremy Location: jackson on Feb 22, 2011 at 08:09 AM
    Pit bulls are a mutt breed the discusting result of two pure bred and beautiful animals used in its time to kill cattle Bulls to be exact hence the name, they were bred this way for their aggression so don't defend these abominations they are here to kill and if you own one your just as bad! Try getting a loyal obedient family friendly pet especially if you have children you shouldn't have to worry about whether or not your pet is going to attack another animal or worse yet a human being.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    I hope that there are manslaughter charges and child endangerment. It is sad that the family lost the child, but people need to learn that you can not train an animal to be agressive and have a family dog.
  • by Anonymous Location: Ingham on Feb 22, 2011 at 07:26 AM
    so for all of the people "in favor" of the dog that is where it belongs now...you mean to tell me that these dogs arent born naturally viscious? AND you dont have any GENES from your ancestors either?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2011 at 07:13 AM
    let's not forget that story not too long ago about the little lap dog, that chewed off a babies toes. It isnt just pit bulls.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116632913 - wilx.com/a?a=116632913