Judge Refuses To Throw Out Marijuana Charge

By: News 10
By: News 10

An Ingham County judge refuses to dismiss the case against a local man accused of illegally dealing medical marijuana.
In the ruling, the judge ordered that Michigan's medical marijuana law did not allow Frederick Wayne Dagit to buy fifty pounds of pot, and store dozens of plants in his home.
The 61-year-old admits supplying marijuana to the "Green Leaf Smokers Club" in Williamstown township.
He does have a state-issued medical marijuana card.
If convicted, Dagit faces up to seven years in prison.

• by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 6, 2011 at 06:57 AM
    Ugh! Now that I can actually read what Mr. Bohunk wrote, I'm even more mortified. I don't get where he came up with the idea that fighting with someone who's just agreed with you is either amusing or funny. He insists it "throws them off guard" and that he just loves the look of utter perplexity on people's faces. Yeah, laugh riot, idiot. My apologies again for the interruption to this discussion and the utter nonsense presented within it.
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 6, 2011 at 04:00 AM
    Granny Storm Crow, if you'd like me give Bobby a smack up the backside of his head for you as well, I will oblige. LOL. My apologies again for Mr. Bohunk Bobby's thread highjacking behavior; I think Aunt Viv may have dropped him on his head once too many times. What can I say, you can't pick who you're related to. Ha ha! Oh, and thanks ChemoPatient, it's awesome to know that you are receiving relief and can do so safely and legally. I will send you my most positive thoughts and prayers as you continue your battle with that dreaded "C" word I personally have come to detest to an intense level. I will also continue to speak out in continued support of the medical marijuana cause. People want to foolishly say that these dispenseries and care givers are "drug pushers just out to make money"; well, guess what, the vast majority are not, but the large pharmaceutical companies sure are, IMO. At least now we can support our own neighbors and not bigwigs elsewhere, for once.
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 6, 2011 at 03:50 AM
    RE: Last post-my jerk of a cousin is staying at my house and highjacked my computer as a "joke" (almost no one finds them funny but him). Grrrrr! He's been dealt with but will recover without any long-term effects. Bobby, I hope you've learned your lesson, dorkface. For real, and from actually ME, those are all great articles, and some of them I've passed on and posted for others who like to pull the "People just want to get high and nothing more" line on me. I really am tired of people and their continued hatred for something that has proven beneficial to so many. I have a friend with MS, and she can actually get through watching her granddaughter for a day at home now and then because she can eat half a marijuana-laced muffin, and her pain dissipates, her nerves and muscles all seem to function better, and it even energizes her to some degree. For the true haters, just leave the people who do this legally alone; they're not hurting you in any way, but you seem to want to hurt them.
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 6, 2011 at 03:40 AM
    Oh, Granny Storm Crow, you have not swayed me in my belief that this is still a much better option for people to obtain relief from than any nasty, chemical-ridden, side effect-laden, sometimes even makes you worse, making large corporations rich, much more dangerous prescription drugs (I've read most of them anyway-ha ha). Aren't you cute, sitting around doing your little cannabis hater thing and trying to spread your useless rhetoric to people like myself, who have worked with 100s of doctors over the years who FULLY support marijuana being made legal in the state of Michigan. Sorry, ol' Granny Storm Crow, but I will continue to maintain my belief in physicians who have studied and trained for years to become people who try their best to bring relief to those who are sick and suffering, and not place my faith on somebody who apparently has way too much time on their hands and spends it chasing windmills instead of trying to help find solutions to problems. Nice try though, sweetie.
  • by Storm Crow Location: California on Jan 5, 2011 at 01:22 PM
    LeAnn, you might be interested in taking a peek at "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List". It is just 100s of links to MMJ studies and articles from reliable sources. These are the titles of some WebMED articles that are in my list- "Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer" "Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells" "Marijuana Unlikely to Cause Head, Neck, or Lung Cancer" "Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors" "Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain" "Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries" "Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA" "Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis" "Cannabis May Help Multiple Sclerosis" "Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's" "Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill" "Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults" I just wish everyone would take the time to learn the medical facts about cannabis. It would sure cut down on all the fuss!
  • by Chemo Patient Location: Williamston on Jan 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    ROCK ON, LEANN!!! Good to know there's an awesome and intelligent neighbor such as yourself in my neck o' the woods. I've been extremely grateful for the passing of this law and cannot express the appreciation I feel for being able to relieve my nausea, pain, and sleeplessness without feeling literally "drugged out" like I did on many of the meds prescribed by many of my docs. I don't like to just "get high" by any means, but I do love being able to work a few hours and maintain somewhat of a normal lifestyle with the relief I receive from my MEDICATION that is now LEGAL to me and those like me. Kiss off to all you ignorant naysayers!
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 5, 2011 at 04:24 AM
    I forgot, anyone who requests I stop preaching, please step off of your own pulpit before telling me to do so. (Those who live in glass houses.........)
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 5, 2011 at 03:37 AM
    P.S. If I decide I want to point out a GLARING spelling error when someone's trying to make what's already an idiotic point, that's my right, just as it's the idiot's right to make the spelling mistake because they can't manage to proofread themselves and even yours for wanting to play their Knight in Shining Armor to the rescue.
  • by LeAnn Location: Webberville on Jan 5, 2011 at 03:34 AM
    "Anonymous" (however many of you-hard to keep track with so many), bite me with your unwarranted and ridiculous accusations. I'm sorry that to you eloquently expressed, intelligent, free thought is automatically taken as I'm getting my "high on". Maybe you all should start smoking some and open up your minds for some clarity. Where I'm speaking from, oh ignorant and accusatory ones, is the fact that I've worked in relation to the medical field, in various positions and clinical settings, for over 20 years and I've talked with many medical providers who are now all quite pleased with the fact that at least some people (the voters) have wised up and realized that this natural substance, which impairs a driver much less than your average prescription drug, MORON, is quite beneficial in treating certain conditions and easing/relieving unbearable symptoms. Just keep listening to the BS and propaganda and extreme exaggerations, but it won't change the truth and you can get over it.
  • by tony Location: usa on Jan 4, 2011 at 09:25 PM
    @ ANONYMOUS...do ur research!! and understand a simple logic plz, if ppl have been smoking marijuana since wayyyy b4 it was(VOTER APPROVED LEGAL), what made the roads that we drive on safer back then compared to now????
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112861309 - wilx.com/a?a=112861309