Intoxicated Patient Sets Hospital Bed On Fire

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- An intoxicated patient and an imaginary cigarette resulted in two people suffering burns and minor damage to a University of Michigan Hospital bed.

University public safety spokeswoman Diane Brown said Sunday that the emergency room patient "was trying to light a non-existent cigarette."

Brown says the man "thought he had one," but set the bedding on fire at the Ann Arbor facility.

The patient was burned, as was a nurse who tried to put the fire out about 10:20 p.m. Saturday.

Hospital staff extinguished the flames before firefighters arrived. The fire was contained to the bed. No evacuations were necessary.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175159471 - wilx.com/a?a=175159471
Gray Television, Inc.