Granholm Going To Europe

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Gov. Jennifer Granholm is leaving this week for France and Sweden, where she plans to meet with executives from companies possibly looking to expand or establish a presence in Michigan.
The Democratic governor is leaving Thursday for the weeklong investment mission.
During the France portion of the trip, she is expected to visit with car companies at the Paris Motor Show. And in Sweden, Granholm is to speak at a conference about sustainable cities and meet with King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Michigan Economic Development Corp. President and CEO Greg Main will accompany Granholm on the trip..
The European excursion will be the governor's 11th overseas investment mission since 2004. She previously visited Austria, Belgium, Germany, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Italy and Sweden.

• by Anonymous on Oct 14, 2010 at 05:02 PM
    Is it too late to get my name on the ballot for governor? I want to take these nice paid vacations.
  • by Jack Location: Mason on Oct 13, 2010 at 07:31 AM
    It would be nice if she secured jobs for Michigan. It might be the only positive thing to her credit. Democrats have opened my thoughts outside the party I once believed in.
  • by Jason Location: Jackson on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    The clock is ticking...She's gotta hurry and take a few more expensive vacations at our expense before her term ends.
  • by wildman Location: jackson on Oct 12, 2010 at 06:33 PM
    I wonder if there is any hope of them keeping her an if there is send virg on the trip with her.. The thing I wonder is where is the state getting the money for this??? Didn't she go overseas awhile back an came back empty handed... Just remember on november 2nd TAKE THE TRASH OUT!!! Democrats an republicans if they are in office now VOTE THEM OUT!!!!
  • by wildman Location: jackson on Oct 12, 2010 at 06:29 PM
  • by elvis Location: okemos on Oct 12, 2010 at 06:17 PM
    why michigan why why do u vote for people like this
  • by Fritz Location: Lansing on Oct 12, 2010 at 02:43 PM
    So, just how many "jobs" did all these trips provide for the residents of Michigan, huh? Not too many me-thinks. I love these lame-duck politicians who just enjoy spending our TAX DOLLARS with nothing to show for it.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104800864 - wilx.com/a?a=104800864