Grandfather Killed in Crash

Spring Arbor Township - A Jackson man driving his two grandchildren to school is killed in a traffic accident Friday. 55-year-old David McCormick was driving his pickup truck westbound on M-60 in Spring Arbor Township at about 8:30 Friday morning when he crossed the center line and struck an on coming semi tractor trailer. McCormick was taken to Allegiance Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His grandchildren, ages 10 and 12, received minor injuries in the crash. The driver of the semi was not injured. The Jackson Co. Sheriff Department reports that the McCormick and the children were wearing their seat-belts and alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident. The are continuing their investigation.

• by Phylicia Location: Jackson,Mi on Nov 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    Jason, I am a family member of Dave's, in the last few years we have lost many loved ones and been to hell and back together. I would appreciate if you would not make sarcastic comments about the article, as our family is enduring extreme pain from our loss. Comments like that only add to our pain. Some people just don't realize how painful this is to the ones who are involved. This is not a place to make your jokes. Please if you have nothing to say to console the family, please do not comment at all.
  • by Velvet Location: Grand Ledge,MI on Nov 7, 2010 at 03:50 PM
    Dave was a great person and a wonderful co-worker. I had the pleasure of working in the ER with him at Doctor's Hospital. You could always count on him to make you smile, and make a great cup of his special coffee. My heart goes out to Dave's family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Dave will be greatly missed. The world has lost some of it's shine with Dave gone. Blessings be with you Dave.
  • by Jason Location: Jackson on Nov 7, 2010 at 02:30 AM
    Truly a sad story. My only question is, what is a pick and how do you drive one??
  • by Anonymous on Nov 6, 2010 at 06:23 AM
    Heartbreaking, my SINCERE Condolences to this family.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 6, 2010 at 03:24 AM
    Dave was an exceptional nurse. He took care of my mother when she was in the ER and gave her wonderful care. My daughter works in the ER and said he was so supportive of the staff; she always looked forward to working with him.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 5, 2010 at 05:44 PM
    Dave Was an exceptional ER Nurse. Dave was employeed at Allegiance Hospital in the ER. He would bring a bag of candy to work to keep eveyone's energy up during those long busy nights. I won't forget him, Mark T. RN.
  • by Jay Location: Lansing on Nov 5, 2010 at 05:02 PM
    Sad. How very sad. Our prayers are with everyone involved.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106786213 - wilx.com/a?a=106786213