Grand Rapids Museum Hosting 'Bodies Revealed'

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) -- The Grand Rapids Public Museum is hosting a traveling exhibition featuring whole and partial body specimens that have been dissected and preserved.

"Bodies Revealed" opened Saturday and runs through May 1.

The exhibit includes full body specimens, additional organs and partial specimens. The displays offer a look inside human skeletal, muscular, respiratory and circulatory systems.

Organizers say the bodies, which are preserved through a process called polymer preservation, are respectfully presented. They say they hope the exhibit will educate and inspire youth to enter health care fields.

The museum says it conducted community focus groups before deciding to host the exhibition.

• by Jen Location: Williamston on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    P.S. I love riling the ignorant, so thanks Frank and Anonymous!!!!!!!!! You made my whole afternoon!
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    Frank and (oh so brave of you) Anonymous, I'm fully aware of free speech which is why I exercised my right of it to point out how it was an utter waste of time for someone to come in here and post "This is disgusting!" in the manner, as I picture, of an insolent three-year-old going "Ooooh! Yucky!" Anonymous, oh so clever of you (hope it didn't waste all your brain power for the day) to attempt to use my word against me. Aren't you just the preciousest??? Feel free, any person out there, to come in here and post away in an embarrassing fashion, as so many do, and continue to mask your ignorance and utter stupidity by using "Anonymous" as your posting name; as I've said before, I'd stay anonymous too if I came on here and posted utterly ridiculous, poorly worded, horribly spelled, filled with grammar error after grammar error posts such as I see here all too frequently. Thanks to this and many other posting sites, I'm horrified about the future of humanity.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 24, 2010 at 03:59 AM
    Jen, you must be a "liberal"? Your open minded opinion of others is very telling. Please feel free to insert yourself into your infantile opinion
  • by Frank Location: Lansing on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    This is an open comment forum, and the last time I checked, we are guaranteed free speech. Like the topic or not, we can comment however we please, Jen.
  • by Jen Location: Williamston on Nov 23, 2010 at 09:01 AM
    You people who said, off the cuff I'm sure, that this is "disgusting" are ignorant fools. I'm sorry you find it so disturbing to see your own insides; solution, don't go to the exhibit. I do find it interesting that you found it so gravely important to post such useless drivel here though. I fully plan on taking my 14-yr-old daughter who wants to be either a surgeon or midwife as I believe she'll find it both interesting and educational. Just because you're a squeamish person, it does not make something like this disgusting outright, just to you and your obviously delicate sensibilities. Here's the "Bodies Revealed" web address for those who want to loosely mention accusations of misconduct without any kind of merit: http://bodiesrevealed.com/grandrapids/about-the-exhibition.html. Again, if you find this disturbing, don't click on these kinds of articles, watch the accompanying video, go the the exhibit, and please don't come here and post your infantile opinion "just for fun".
  • by anonymous Location: Lansing on Nov 22, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Is this the same company that was accused of using the bodies of Chinese political prisoners for the exhibit? Do your research before deciding to see the exhibit. I also recommend not taking young children to see it.
  • by LP on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    This is just disgusting!
  • by Mari Location: Jackson, MI on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:23 AM
    This looks AMAZING!! I don't think I would take any kids under 12 or so but I'm so EXCITED to drive 2 hours to see this exhibit!!
  • by Cassie Location: Jackson on Nov 21, 2010 at 09:52 PM
    This is disgusting! I would never let my kids see this mutulization of human body parts!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 109722644 - wilx.com/a?a=109722644