Gas Prices Skyrocket

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) -- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices are up 20 cents per gallon over the past week to a statewide average of $3.04.
The auto club said Monday the statewide average is 36 cents per gallon higher than last year at this time.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest price for self-serve regular fuel is in the Marquette area, where it's $3 a gallon. The highest average can be found in the Benton Harbor area at $3.31.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.

• by Jen Location: Williamston on Nov 10, 2010 at 07:09 AM
    Arch, I care and I may cry a river for myself, to take a canoe to work because as a single mother already struggling on the income she makes and finding it more difficult when it costs more and more and more to fill up my car with gas to get to work, it makes a HUGE difference and is news to me, jerkface.
  • by Sid on Nov 9, 2010 at 08:38 AM
    "Could it be that Big Oil doesn't fear any intervention from Congress now that all those Republicans were elected" They didnt fear the democraps either
  • by Marcus Location: Williamston on Nov 9, 2010 at 06:04 AM
    Great news flash...now how about telling us something we DON'T know....like why???
  • by Paul Location: Lansing on Nov 8, 2010 at 04:58 PM
    Hey sharp ones the Republicans have not taken control yet wont until January hello
  • by non anonymous on Nov 8, 2010 at 04:29 PM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you take the time to research the internet, you'll find gas is headed to $4-$5 gal again. I'm so tired of telling people this , and then it happens, and they don't call and tell me i was right.
  • by Arch Location: Lansing on Nov 8, 2010 at 04:18 PM
    Who cares?! Why is this news? Three dollars? Cry me a freakin' river!
  • by Mikehunt Location: Jackson on Nov 8, 2010 at 03:18 PM
    Republicans take a foothold, and our Gas prices Race past 3 bucks. Thanks Tea Party!
  • by James Location: Lansing on Nov 8, 2010 at 03:14 PM
    Interesting coincidence that the price of gasoline goes through the roof right after the elections..
  • by Sans on Nov 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    Good thing I only needed a half tank of gas. Hadn't paid a lot of attention to the price since I hadn't needed gas. Very good thing I get about 30 miles city with my car. 6.13 gal of gas just cost me $18.65. I really feel sorry for anyone with a SUV, or any other bigger car. But I must admit I have never been able to figure out why gas is cheaper in MN, NY, PA, OH, IN and IL than it is here in MI. Anyone got a really good reason, I was told its cost more to bring gas here by one of the oil companies. What has anyone else heard?
  • by Anonymous on Nov 8, 2010 at 09:05 AM
    Could it be that Big Oil doesn't fear any intervention from Congress now that all those Republicans were elected?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106881833 - wilx.com/a?a=106881833