Fire Caused By Careless Smoker

By: News 10
By: News 10

A careless smoker is to blame for a fire in Delta Township Thursday.

The fire chief says the blaze outside the Westwind Townhomes on Schooner Drive was started by "careless use of smoking materials."

No one was hurt.

Two apartments were damaged. Damages are estimated at about $50,000.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Jim Location: Jackson on Nov 13, 2010 at 02:39 AM
    I found out FSC cigarettes have a chemical called E2107-90. It is added to the paper tubing. This fire-retardant chemical has characteristics similiar to abestos. You can thank the government for what you are putting into your body.
  • by LeAnn Location: Lansing on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    If I were the person whose apartment was also burned, I'd be telling Mr./Ms. Careless Smoker that they can pay for me to get back on my feet and maybe they could quit such a not only nasty, but obviously dangerous habit. Jackwagon.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010 at 06:27 AM
    BUT how can that be???? with the GOVT adding those chemicals of FSC to cigarettes, there wasnt suppose to be ANYTHING like this happening anymore. They, the GOVT told us that these were now suppose to self extinguish, and that house fires would be no MORE! Now we leave ourselves wondering what kind of Dangerous chemical they added to cigarettes.. AND how we can NOW have that removed from tobacco.
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 107459894 - wilx.com/a?a=107459894
Gray Television, Inc.