Fire Department Identifies Man Killed in House Fire

By: News 10
By: News 10

The man killed in Monday's fire in Lansing has been identified.

The Lansing Fire Department says 65-year-old James K. Leach died when his home in the 100 block of North Hayford caught fire around 9:30am. One person was able to get out safely. He is now being helped by the Red Cross.

Investigators say the fire was accidental, started by an overloaded surge protector. The home was heavily damaged by the fire. is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. Comments may take up to 24 hours or longer to appear on the site.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230680331 -
Gray Television, Inc.