Former Consumers Fire Caused By Sparks From Salvage Operation

By: News 10
By: News 10

The fire that damaged the former Consumers Energy headquarters in downtown Jackson on May 31 was caused by sparks, according to the city Fire Department.
The building was being demolished, and the sparks happened while a worker was cutting metal with a torch.
The sparks caused a fire when they landed in a debris pile.
Six workers were briefly trapped by the fire, but all got out safely.
The company responsible for the salvage operation, Dore and Associates, has been told to have a standby hose line in the building to prevent future fires.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 211386701 - wilx.com/a?a=211386701