Father of Missing Boys Facing New Charges

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Prosecutors have added charges of kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment against the father of three young southeastern Michigan boys who've been missing for three months.

Police in Morenci are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

Thirty-nine-year-old John Skelton of Morenci has said he doesn't know the whereabouts of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner, last seen with him on Thanksgiving. He was already in the Lenawee County jail in Adrian on parental kidnapping charges.

A hearing on the new charges is scheduled March 9 before Judge Margaret Noe. The new charges carry a maximum penalty of life in prison. Public defender John Glaser tells The Daily Telegram he needs time to review new police evidence before meeting with Skelton on what to do next.

• by Anonymous on May 7, 2011 at 07:30 AM
    I SAW THEM LAST WEEK IN KENSINGTON MEDOWS WITH AN OLD MAN
  • by Kim Heibel Location: Leslie on Mar 4, 2011 at 06:55 AM
    I agree with Betty, I have been saying this for MONTHS. Why can't they just shoot the guy up with "truth syrum"? They have the WRONG people trying to talk to this idiot. Put a gramma like me in there,he'll talk! I pray everyday the boys are alive. I just wish we and the family knew so we could have closure. This guy is just plain evil.And if he is just being vendictive,enough is enough. Tell us where these precicious little boys are.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 26, 2011 at 07:34 AM
    Is there any chance he [placed them with some amish family.They are all over the area and may think they would be doing a good deed.
  • by Kathy Location: Olivet on Feb 24, 2011 at 09:20 AM
    My heart aches for this family of not knowing where the boys are.. I had the privlege of meeting the grandfather, and other family members, as I attended a prayer vigil.. I believe John Skelton knows where the boys are and God. I have continued to pray for the family. I hope justice will be done!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 24, 2011 at 08:52 AM
    Are the boys alive????I'd keep him in jail till they are found,one way or the other.I can't believe he is such a mental case.I hope he never gets out.Still that isn't punishment enough.
  • by Betty Location: Lansing on Feb 24, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    It's utterly ridiculous that NOBODY can get this man to talk. Haven't they heard of sodium pentathol?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116811453 - wilx.com/a?a=116811453