An early morning fire was reported at the Jackson County Jail, Chanter Road Facility.
Deputies in the jail heard the fire alarm system activate and at the same time smelled a minor amount of smoke in the air.
Deputies located a small fire in one of the dryers in “A Barracks”. Fire extinguishers were utilized and the fire was contained to the inside of the dryer.
Blackman Leoni Township Public Safety, Jackson City Fire Department and Summit Township Fire Departments responded to the scene.
The remaining fire was quickly extinguished and the building was checked by the fire departments for fire extension.
Damage was contained to the laundry room with the dryer being totally destroyed. No one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.