Firefighters were sent to a home on the 200-block of Lloyd Street in Williamston around 5:30 a.m.
When Williamston Fire arrived, the whole roof was up in flames, and the residents were using the neighbors hose to help tame the fire.
Firefighters told News 10 the fire started on the back deck, possibly from a cigarette, and spread up the back of the house to the roof.
Everyone made it out safely.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.