Carbon Monoxide Suspected in Woman's Death

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

CHASE, Mich. (AP) -- Authorities believe a West Michigan woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty boiler furnace in her home.
The Ludington Daily News reports Friday that 63-year-old Susan Arrington was found dead Thursday morning by a friend.
Lake County Undersheriff Richard Perrin says carbon monoxide in Arrington's home registered 146 parts per million and that she may have had prolonged exposure to it.
The odorless gas forms when something burns without an adequate supply of oxygen.
A carbon monoxide detector was not found in the house, 165 miles northwest of Detroit.
A soot-plugged furnace boiler was causing a carbon monoxide leak in a Flint home where a couple and an 11-year-old boy were found dead Christmas morning. Several other people in different parts of that house managed to escape.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185054581 - wilx.com/a?a=185054581