A Michigan medical examiner has ruled that the death of a 15-year-old girl who was abducted was a homicide and that the man suspected of kidnapping her killed himself.
The Wayne County medical examiner's office says Thursday that 38-year-old Raymond R. Bush of Newport died of a single self-inflicted gunshot wound and that Taylor E. Manley was shot multiple times.
State Police Detective Sgt. George D. Pratt says Bush's ex-girlfriend told investigators he called her Wednesday morning and said he fatally shot Taylor and planned to kill himself. Their bodies were found Wednesday.
Taylor was scheduled to testify against Bush on Wednesday on charges alleging he sexually assaulted her. State police issued an Amber Alert on Wednesday saying Taylor had been abducted and listing Bush as a suspect.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.