A group of people are rushed to the hospital after barely escaping a home filled with carbon monoxide.
It happened at a home in the 4900 block of Tenny street on Lansing's south side
Dispatchers got the call just after 2:30 Wednesday morning.
When rescue workers arrived on the scene, they say the family inside was conscious but very sick.
The fire department went in with detectors and was able to determine there was gas in the home.
Fire officials tell us, the levels in the home were pretty high.
They say given those levels, the residents were lucky to make it out alive.
They tell us fortunately, one person inside the home was able to make the 911 call, after everyone got sick.
The residents were initially transported to the hospital .
There's no word on their condition.
We don't know if there was a monoxide detector in their home.
Or the exact source, but authorities suspect a furnace, or heater.
They say this serves as a reminder to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.