The Detroit City Council has pushed back a public hearing on wildfires that burned 71 houses and garages earlier this month in pockets of neighborhoods across the city.
City Council President Pro Tem Gary Brown said Wednesday that the new hearing date is Oct. 6. The council is looking into how DTE Energy Co. and firefighters responded to the Sept. 7 fires. DTE Energy has been invited to the hearing.
Brown said the council moved its hearing from Wednesday because the Michigan Public Service Commission has a separate public hearing scheduled Wednesday.
The PSC also is investigating how DTE Energy responded to the fires, blamed in part on power lines that fell in winds that gusted to 50 mph. DTE has said 750 power lines fell.
Most of the houses burned were vacant. Twenty-nine were occupied.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.