The Jackson County Health Department is expanding its vaccine program to offer free shots to uninsured and under-insured adults.
The vaccines include:
- Zoster Vaccine (Shingles) for adults 60-64 years old
- HPV Vaccine for women 19-26 years old
- Varicella Vaccine (Chickenpox) for people born after 1980 with no evidence of immunity
- Pneumonia Vaccine for adults 19 years or older that meet risk criteria
- Twinrix Vaccine (HepA/HepB combination) for high-risk individuals
The vaccines are free for uninsured and under-insured adults. Patients who can afford it may be asked to pay an administrative fee of $16.75 per vaccine. Call the Jackson County Health Department's immunization clinic at (517) 788-4468 for more information.